Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Man fined for useing a drone for hunting

Re: Man fined for useing a drone for hunting

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    I'd love to know more about this if you have the information available.
    I don't read anywhere in that rule that says you can't use information obtained from a drone if it was done prior to 6 hours before the start of a hunting or trapping expedition, but I'm no lawyer!
    The 6 hour piece relates too the time before the hunt, so the regulation lays out what is lawful during the hunt, and what is lawful after the hunt. Another way to word 33 would be as follows.

33a. To operate, possess or use information that a drone obtains during a hunting expedition.
    33b. To operate, possess, or use information that a drone obtains within 6 hours of the start of a hunting expedition.

To break this down further.

Actions
    1.To operate a drone
    2. Possess a drone
    3. Use information that a drone obtains

Time restrictions
    1. During a hunting expedition.
    2. Within 6 hours of the start of a hunting expedition.
    "Animal rights" activists believe that animals have rights similar to those found in the charter of rights. I have yet to see a pack of wolves be targeted by such activists for taking down their dinner by the ankles.

I can support the ban on drones for hunting for the purpose of fair chase....but I will say that the decision to have the first charge against a residential hunter is pure BS....

the video shared in this post here, clearly shows drone usage as well

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ighlight=eagle

pathetic how a high end rifle manufacturer and an outfitter get a pass, but no issues going after a residential hunter.....when the Blaser video was reported, Moon Lake outfitters immediately pulled the video off their website, at first they were negotiating 5k fine and forfeit the moose, but then a year later the CO who investigated told me the crown attorney didn't want to pursue the very first drone charge against an outfitter
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Just noticed a post on Long Range Hunting, Arizona is looking at banning trail cams, the ones that announce the presents of game while sitting in your easy chair watching TV.
    Now they have to get up off their asses and put boots on the ground to find game sign.

Wish the powers to be here would do the same and while at it ban the use of bait for attracting deer.
    Lets get back to HUNTING.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE MILK View Post
    There is a lot of stuff that goes on that is "not hunting"...example, baiting deer, elk and moose. Also using trail cams to pin point time and place instead of using your feet and eyes, I don't think there is a heck of a lot of difference.
    Big difference between Drone spot/stalk hunting vs a family outing to check trail camera's (exercise) IMO

By your quote you must be in a treestand 24/7 with night vision??
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Never sat in a tree stand in my life, I walk look for sign and decide on an area to hunker in and wait or do a slow, slow walk through the area. Have never set out bait for deer, moose or elk. Got a Bison this year by rubbing two carrots together.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE MILK View Post
    Just noticed a post on Long Range Hunting, Arizona is looking at banning trail cams, the ones that announce the presents of game while sitting in your easy chair watching TV.
    Now they have to get up off their asses and put boots on the ground to find game sign.

Wish the powers to be here would do the same
    Like this? 27. To use a wireless camera for the
    purposes of hunting from Aug. 1 to
    Dec. 10.
    "Animal rights" activists believe that animals have rights similar to those found in the charter of rights. I have yet to see a pack of wolves be targeted by such activists for taking down their dinner by the ankles.

Didn’t the government ban baiting ungulates this yr?? And the use of trail camera that use cell signals to send pics to your email??