Thread: School me on Cameras

School me on Cameras

Got a gift card for Christmas, and for the value on it, I’m pretty well set up. Not enough for a pack, or quality camo or anything, but just right for trail cameras.

so, school me in them. Best bang for buck? Features to look for? Fluff to stay away from? Hell,How often do you check in on them? Accessories? Will be used predominantly in Region 4, a couple might make it back to Manitoba this summer for my second attempt (trip got kiboshed by their code red 8 hours before we were set to leave )

aaaannnnd GO!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: School me on Cameras

Are you looking at scoring animals or just seeing what's out there?

I use a few random cameras, brownings and my Stealthcam DS4K are my favs. The photos of the DS4K are pretty phenomenal, but I’d does go through battery power. I highly recommend an external battery box, I use a few stealthcam boxes and get great life out of them.

I've tried a few different cameras and now use mostly stealthcams. I'm up to about 20 that I have in different areas. The main problems I find are cameras that don't take pictures because I didn't set them up properly and cameras redirected by nosey animals. I find using the straps works better. The screw in mounting pegs are quick, but animals seem fascinated by them and I have pictures of does and cows repeatedly nudging them until the lense is pointing at the sky or dirt.

Just want to see what’s out there and activity tracking. Never thought of an external battery box...thanks for the tip!! Any input on the solar ones?? Not at all interested cellular link cameras. Barely have a cell signal on the roads out here...never mind 3 miles past east Jesus nowhere lol does that save battery power at all?
    Last edited by Lumpy; 01-03-2021 at 02:34 PM.