Thread: Hilleberg owners

Hilleberg owners

Hey all,
    I知 getting ready to pull the trigger on a hilleberg. With the price tag what it is I知 agonizing over which one. I like the idea of a 4 season, but I知 not too excited to carry one when solo. If there are any Allak 2 owners, do you know the weight of the inner tent? I could see myself getting by with an allak and using just the outer when solo. Any other first hand knowledge/advice is appreciated. Tent will be used on backpack mountain hunts throughout BC august to October generally. I壇 say 70% of the time I知 solo. Not sure if the 4 season is really needed over a 3 for my uses. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hilleberg owners

I have a Nallo 3 GT and it would be ok if you were in the odd snow storm and slightly lighter. So far I have no complaints, I have a buddy with a Nallo had it for a number of tears and never an issue.
    How many more sleeps till sheep season starts again

I have a Nallo 2 it is a great tent for one person and ok for two people I think i weighs 4-5 lbs. a buddy and i did a sheep hunt in it 10 days of rain and moved camp every day and we were dry. outer tent being attached lets you set it up in the pouring rain while it stays dry inside. its heavier than other tents but I will pack it any day and cut weight elsewhere

I have the Niak, it’s awesome and is very tough and durable.

I have a one man AKTO, it’s built like a brick shithouse, unfortunately the condensation is brutal.I have been told that using a ground sheet will help.
    Last edited by tuner; 12-24-2020 at 07:02 PM.

I have an Allak 2 I use when the weather turns and a Niak I use in better weather. I have had an Anjan 3 and Anjan 3GT in the past. Love the Allak, best tent I have had (many I haven’t tried) and am a big fan of the Niak. I was not a fan of the Anjan and assume that is with all non free standing tents. I just find it’s hard to really get the tent snug when your relying on pegging it out at the top of the mountain in the hard ground. I would like to try the Staika. I had a stone glacier and wasn’t a huge fan.