Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Messengers, inreach, etc

Re: Messengers, inreach, etc

So I have an older InReach SE and I don't get the plan options that are on the Garmin site. Instead I have to use the Roadpost InRreach plans which are $23/month for the basic safety plan

https://inreach.roadpost.ca/contract...oadpost-plans/

Any idea on how to get the plans on the Garmin.ca site that are posted above. Has anyone used both plans?

One thing I did was rewrite all the presets depending on what I am doing. Ocean fishing; all the presets are about getting back home, being late, safe and sound etc., hunting; animals down will be late, back at camp etc. Makes letting others know much quicker than my fat fingers can type.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Way up North this year and used the Zoleo. Worked great, with no issues, easy to use. If you have a GPS unit why buy another one. Zoleo pairs up with your smart phone and I never had a problem getting a message out. There are 3 different plans to choose from and you can put it in “sleep mode” when your not using it for $5 a month or turn it off but pay an activation fee again. It has an “sos” feature and a “check in” button.

Good luck

I have had the old original inreach without the screen for the better part of a decade. Still going strong. Looking for an excuse to get a new one but it still does the job. I put it to sleep mode for most of the year but it comes every sheep hunt

Quote Originally Posted by The Donald View Post
    If I remember correctly, weren't you the guy who got locked behind a gate, how did it work for you then
    inbred ndp voters should be locked in.or out..

i carry a inreach not sure where i put it lol

I’ve got the inreach mini. I’ve used it from norther BC to interior BC. Have found it to work 90% of the time. I may be generous with that. But feel that is accurate considering satellite are involved!

Quote Originally Posted by chris26262 View Post
    I’ve got the inreach mini. I’ve used it from norther BC to interior BC. Have found it to work 90% of the time. I may be generous with that. But feel that is accurate considering satellite are involved!
    You're doing something wrong. From my experience, and a couple of other guys that have it, it has been more like 99%.

I find a clear view of the sky is a must. I clip it to the outside of my pack. If I'm stopped for a break, I tend to put it on my hiking pole so it sticks up higher.

Buried at the bottom of your pack with other stuff will certainly cause it to have problems sending.

I recently purchased the InReach Mini, Cabelas and a few other outfits had them for sale at $329, with gift certificates from last Christmas I ended up paying $229 for the InReach. I like the small size and with all the research I've done, the Mini was as good as anything on the market, the most reliable in getting your message through with an audible signal that message was delivered! I chose the annual Safety plan for $14.95 a month, I liked the idea of the monthly plan at first but I'm not too crazy about forking out $29.95 a year for the subscription, the annual plan works for me as it's always active and forces me out of the house more!

I can't get over how small this this thing is.

Garmin just increased the yearly fee to put your inreach on hold while you are not using it by $20.00, now $49.95 from $29.95

Great advice guys, thanks.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Hmmm first off I am a Spot Ambassador.up to this year only had the ability to check in..now have the GEN X unit.been using it for 4 months.over 700 messages sent / recieved. From inside my home.inside my travel trailer..it does recommend clear view of the sky however in my experience it works in the above situations and even in the truck.
    It has a keyboard on the unit no need for a cell phone.it does what I want need ..
    For CRITICAL MESSAGES I INCLUDE THE WORD ...COPY..DID YOU GET THIS MESSAGE...? Was able to order supplies,equipment on recent 35 days in the woods..story still in progress..lol Keep my wife updated with regards to my fragile health.
    Works well with cell phone, land lines, other SPOT UNITS.
    HAD several instances of messages to Garmin Inreach units not receiving my message..when checking with Globalstar star the message was recieved and handed off to sattalight. . Issue was pick up by Garmin.
    I am very pleased with this unit.I have entrusted my life to it,my health,and my wife's peace of mind .
    The rapid rate of reciept to those I sent messages to was sometimes in mere minutes it depends on those receiving the messages how often they check...
    For those who were requiring a prompt timely response..it was.
    I hung the unit off my GPS BRACKETT..on the handle bar of the ATV..PLUGGED IN for power..I could tell pretty quick when messages arrived..
    Choice of 10 preprogrammed responses that covered most all situations without being $ charged..I believe there are a set amount of custom messages you get each month without a charge on your account.
    I was NOT text savey..but found the unit easy to use..
    The day we REQUIRED all hands on deck for a search..it worked in reaching others with Spot Gen X perfectly,quickly.2 others happened to be at the cell location and recieved the text.
    So far so good.
    Asked Susan just now.." it is good "
    Cheers
    Srupp