Quote Originally Posted by Ghilliesuit View Post
So you admit YOU don't know anything because of the secrecy. Why the comments about something YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT? w_m it goes double for you.

We have the Nisga Treaty, signed, sealed and delivered; what are you having trouble with, be specific. Is it individuals have to pay taxes? Fee-simple land ownership? Resource management?
You're right I don't know and neither do you which is the point I'm making. I don't have a problem with settling treaties but I don't like been kept in the dark nor do I trust either level of government not to throw some under the bus so they can all pat themselves on the back. As for the Nisga and taxes,you do know that the Own Source Revenue Agreement was cancelled. Do the Nisga fund and pay for housing services, health care etc. for their members off reserve? So, what is it over 20 years since the treaty and we're still paying. I'm pissed at how my Government is handling this not the natives. And as far as this been a hi-jack hardly, anything and everything is on the table and we're been represented by numbskulls. To the OP i would still buy land but would be prepared to possibly be impacted by Treaties to what extent who knows. To Ghillie why not lobby to settle the claims in your area and tell us how it goes.