Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best place to own land...

Re: Best place to own land...

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedust View Post
    Why's that?

Where would be preferable?
    Anywhere UNDRIP hasn't been implemented. I would look everywhere in Canada before I decided to invest in any large land purchase for the interest of the OP. Any land in BC may not be your land in the near future, the treaty process will have virtually all land on the expropriation chopping block, its an unknown. Over at the treaty commission website, have a look for oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by msawyer View Post
    Question for you all... If you were going to buy land (up to a 1/4 section) in northern BC where would you be looking if hunting opportunities for elk, moose and deer where high on your list of criteria.

Thanks in advance

Mike
    Curious what your goal is? Retirement, farm or recreation. 160 acres gets pretty small pretty quick lol. If its strictly for hunting I'd advise against. I don't know forsure how much per acre but I'll figure anywhere from $250 on up. Yes you'll have deer there more than likely. Elk and moose come and go where ever and whenever. I don't know about bc but in Alberta we've got landowners tags in case we're not drawn. These only work for mule deer, cow elk. My advice would be to buy a broke 1/4 that is either fenced or seeded into hay. If its fenced you can go with pasturing cattle or if its hay share crop with a neighbor. Either way it brings in a little extra revenue. I found a heckuva nice bush 1/4 for sale if you're interested. I didn't get the realtors name but I could certainly pass on where about it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Anywhere UNDRIP hasn't been implemented. I would look everywhere in Canada before I decided to invest in any large land purchase for the interest of the OP. Any land in BC may not be your land in the near future, the treaty process will have virtually all land on the expropriation chopping block, its an unknown. Over at the treaty commission website, have a look for oneself.
    Oh yikes. I think I read on here somewhere about some bands claiming large areas of lands. You think they could take land from private owners?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedust View Post
    Oh yikes. I think I read on here somewhere about some bands claiming large areas of lands. You think they could take land from private owners?
    You best do some reading my friend. At present, due to overlapping territories, approximately 120% of B.C. has been claimed as “traditional territory” by the “natives”. Buying ANY land in rural areas is a bit of a crap shoot at this point. Once the treaties are laid out, it will be a different story. If you are lucky enough to own land that has NOT been ceded to the “natives”, I’d expect its value to rise substantially.

They won’t necessarily be taking your land, but they could be who is responsible for collecting your taxes, maintaining your roads etc etc. Although I’m sure they plan on just taking over the “good” things, and hanging the bill for all the maintenance on the white devil. Due to “white guilt” the morons in Ottawa and Victoria will probably agree to this.
    Last edited by Redthies; 11-30-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I dont know about this native bs but if it was my land and they decided to take it as theirs, there'll be a big big problem. Covid will be the least of their worries.

Buy land adjacent to Crown land, that will increase your scope for hunting.
    As said previously, 1/4 section is pretty small as wildlife habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    You best do some reading my friend. At present, due to overlapping territories, approximately 120% of B.C. has been claimed as “traditional territory” by the “natives”. Buying ANY land in rural areas is a bit of a crap shoot at this point. Once the treaties are laid out, it will be a different story. If you are lucky enough to own land that has NOT been ceded to the “natives”, I’d expect its value to rise substantially.

They won’t necessarily be taking your land, but they could be who is responsible for collecting your taxes, maintaining your roads etc etc. Although I’m sure they plan on just taking over the “good” things, and hanging the bill for all the maintenance on the white devil. Due to “white guilt” the morons in Ottawa and Victoria will probably agree to this.
    The situation with the Tatla Lake area has been interesting to follow. Seems this may set the precedent for future dealings.

https://www.terracestandard.com/busi...uts-them-out/#

I think all the people who claim to support FN title should be made to sign over THEIR OWN HOUSES before they can make policy on OUR houses and properties.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

BUY a long distance away from any Rez's ! RJ

Indigenous relations and reconciliation minister Scott Fraser.....has zero qualifications to be in this position, he was the guy who introduced UNDRIP.
    Sorry to be a downer but I just can't let it go unsaid and people left uninformed...We have a treaty process that is secret until the deals are done, they can be found on the BC treaty commission website.

Then we have UNDRIP, its a foreigners idea of how Canada will deal with its indigenous, the courts will use it (the document) to interpret and guide them into the future...its an unknown. An example of this is the judge who thought it was a right for FN to use a light to shoot animals at night, really?? I expect this stupidity to continue.

I hear some people talk that if you buy land that may be expropriated then its a guaranteed investment as the Government will pay you out, I guess that may be true.
    Some land will be expropriated, as stated above, some will pay taxes to the bands and their rules will apply, rules like....no hunting, no this or that.

What people really need to do is their "due diligence" before acting, and .......the land claims that have been finalized will be sought after by all FN bands in this Province, nothing less.
    I suppose you could run away to another Province but...I strongly suspect the treaties will be open for re-evaluation across the Country, whether its a mutual Nation to Nation interaction, or through Court action's...its going to happen. It already has been initiated in Ontario with an 80 billion dollar law suit.

Further information can be gathered by looking into the effects of UNDRIP in South Africa, and using some common sense to theorize what is going to happen.