Thread: Badlads gear

Post Badlads gear

Hey everyone I have a couple of questions about Badlands.
    First off has anyone had to use Badlands warranty before? (I have a pack I would like to get repaired)
    Secondly Does anyone use any Badlands gear other than packs like pants, jackets or base layers I see a couple of things I might like but I never seen there apparel in any stores and I usually like to see and touch what I am buying.
    Any input would be great and thanks in advance for any responses.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Badlads gear

I broke a buckle on my pack...emailed Badlands and had one in the mail in a week or so, no charge. I can tell you one thing that I don’t like is that Cabela’s doesn’t have water bladders for the packs that don’t come with one (mine is a 2200, and I love the bag), and the bladder is only about $50 or so, but shipping and all is more than the price of the bladder! I have their rain gear as well....it’s really good, and pretty quiet as far as rain gear goes. Bought it on sale....It fits about 1/2 size smaller too. I would use an XL, but found XXL on sale....it’s just a bit large, but I think XL would be a tiny bit tight. I wear mine over everything.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

I’ve used their warranty multiple times.
    always because I ruined it doing something dumb and they fixed it every time.
    there isn’t a company I spend my own money on besides them, pack camo base layers the works.
    same with vortex for optics. Maybe some other companies are a bit comfier or have slightly clearer glass but unconditional warranty can’t be beat !

Just got my pack back from Badlands ,The pack is over fifteen years old,they replaced main Zipper, patched a hole and replaced a bungee strap ,you only pay the shipping there and back. Three weeks turn around .
    Very happy with the warranty.

I've only bought two badlands items. Hated them both, for the same money you can purchase from better companies, especially apparel.

I had one of their packs, can’t remember what it was called but it was one of their bigger lightweight ones. No complaints about it but I got a really good deal on a stone glacier setup for only a bit more than the cost of the badlands pack and there is no comparison, the stone glacier blows the badlands pack out of the water as far as comfort goes.

I got two pairs of their pants, i cant remember the model because they have 15 different models of pants. The first pair the button popped off after like 3 wears. The second pair have held together, barely. Almost every seam on them has the stitching coming out. I have prana stretch zion pants and kuiu guide and peleton pants that have seen serious bush time that are still in better shape than the much newer badlands stuff. When their gear was discounted it was okay, now that their prices are comparable to every other brand they're not worth it imo.

I have 4 of their packs that have been through everything. Only ever broke one zipper pull, called their office and they sent me extra zipper pulls and buckles; no complaints.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I've warrantied bits and pieces on packs, always due to user error.
    My water bladder valve started leaking early this season, emailed asking about purchasing a hose, they sent one for free. Thanks guys! I just wore it out I figured.
    The pants I have were good for 3 seasons, now the right hand hip pocket zipper isn't dependable.
    Bingo pouch is fine.
    Exo jacket is good for a lightweight rain coat.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.