Thread: Any upland hunters in the east koots?

Any upland hunters in the east koots?

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any other upland hunters, who hunt with dogs in the east Kootenay’s? We just got our first Griff puppy this fall. We will be joining The prairie Vista Navhda and doing training there whenever we can.

I have not come across anyone else hunting out here with dogs. Are yah out there?

have a great one.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any upland hunters in the east koots?

I travel around the province a bit and if the timing and hunt conditions were right I may entertain coming to join you for a hunt. If the invitation is open of course...
    What area in general are you hunting in?
    What type of upland birds are your prey?

Hey there. A friend in Alberta just pointed this post out to me. I am a PVN member as well. Do you have one of Ron and Mary's pups? I am in Abbotsford and while we aren't terribly close together, I would be interested in connecting with you as I am always looking for hunting and training partners that are not as far away as Alberta.

Hey, we do have one of Mary and Ron’s pups that we are so incredibly happy with. Unfortunately, we are in Sparwood area. So still pretty close to AB border. But we have loads of grouse here.

Cool. You must be running NA this season then? I have a 2yr old PP and its been a pretty fun ride so far.

Where did you get your Griff pup from we are interested in getting one?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Cool. You must be running NA this season then? I have a 2yr old PP and its been a pretty fun ride so far.
    I am, signed her up for the June NA test. A little worried about water as she’s a fall puppy and have to get a little more serious with gun into. She’s my first bird dog so it’s all new and it’s been really fun so far. Excited to get some training days in.

Quote Originally Posted by justachip View Post
    Where did you get your Griff pup from we are interested in getting one?
    crossiron kennels owned by Ron and Mary Belt In southern Alberta. Highly recommend, I would get into contact with them ASAP if your interested. I know they have a breeding waiting list and they only sell to hunting homes.

https://www.crossironkennels.com/