Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting on a Whitetail

Re: Waiting on a Whitetail

An all-around amazing thread. Thank you.

This October marked 10 years since my Dad passed under very similar circumstances. I pulled an LEH moose tag that September and was going to burn it because of my Dad's condition but he forced me to go on the hunt so I could share one last hunting story with him. I reluctantly went, it was my first moose hunt without him. Early in the hunt I connected on a bull, not 50 yards from where my Dad shot his biggest bull years before, with me by his side. I made it back home and shared the tale with him as tears streamed down both of our faces. He passed within the week.

10 years on and I still think about him during every trip, and I make sure to retell our adventures to my sons at every opportunity.

To top things off you go any share some absolutely wicked hunting tales.

Tip of the hat to you sir.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Wow, amazing WT!
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Top notch thread.

Being able to share hunts with family is the best.
    Dad was there for you, your brother and nephew that day. Without a doubt.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

That was an awesome read from start to finish!
    I really Like the photo of all the sheds accompanied buy the euro.
    That buck will be remembered forever which is what he deserves.
    I also really liked the part where the old fella held onto that bull for you guys.
    My grandfather has done that for me too.
    Thanks for that and again great read.

Thanks for the kind words. I really struggled with posting this on here. I have found so many people can't just enjoy the shared story. They have to try and use other people's stories to do there scouting. After sharing years ago the private massages and even phone calls I got turned me away from posting anymore. So I will say this. I am successful because I am ALWAYS hunting. I follow the regulations to a T but I am always watching for wildlife. I am fortunate to live in an area that has a decent amount of wildlife but they are hunted hard. I don't shoot the first legal animal i come across simply because I enjoy the hunt. I enjoy every second of being out there. I learn something new EVERY time I go out. This year I learned that cow elk can bugle. Blew me away.

So please, read the stories be inspired to try something new and don't go digging for places to hunt. When you achieve something by putting in the time and hard work it is so much sweeter.

Amazing! I dont think I've ever seen a story of such history with one buck and that many sets of sheds off of one. Well done!!!

People are always going to pry for info ... especially when one owns a farm with good deer and elk numbers on it. Easy enough to ignore those types of messages though

Grest story and pics. Very inspirational. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt jealous of where you live. -30 weather be damned It would be quite something to hunt that country up north!

Thanks for sharing!!

Husky great tribute to your father.

wow, what a significant story. This was very well done. I am sorry about your father, but he defiantly put something in you more that just a love to hunt.

Great write-up!! Thanks for taking the time to share your story!

What an awesome write up....thank you so much