We glassed the other side and surrounding area for several hours but only re-found the nannies and kid from the previous day. And then back across the sketchy snow bowl and back to the south side. I’m honestly glad I never have to cross that again.

Dad slowly tracing my steps on the traverse.

Now day five was meant to be a pack out day only based off of something being dead. So with a few hours of light left we made it to the tent and packed everything up. We made it back down to the vehicle 2.5 hours later. 13.5km was a fairly long day. A much deserved beer at the bar later that night billy or not was a good way to end it.

It was an epic experience overall and I would definitely do it again. Goats are tough ass critters and so is the habitat of which they reside in. I do believe its meant to take more than one hunt to capitalize on a billy and I will definitely hunt them again. For those of you who can get it done first time or solo kudos to you that’s some hard work. I’m not that good yet but I am looking forward at the adventure to improve.

Thanks for reading.