Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to hunt private land

Looking to hunt private land

Hello, I'm new to hunting and was wondering if this is even an option. I would pay some money to do a blind hunt on Private land. I'm located in Fraser Valley but am willing to travel. I know deer season is almost over, but even arranging for next year would work.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking to hunt private land

Good luck.
    people on here with private property hunt it themselves
    people that don’t hunt certainly don’t want hunters they don’t know accessing their property for liability reasons.

what’s wrong with the hundreds of thousands of acres of crown land in BC, too tough hunting ?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Good luck.
    people on here with private property hunt it themselves
    people that don’t hunt certainly don’t want hunters they don’t know accessing their property for liability reasons.

what’s wrong with the hundreds of thousands of acres of crown land in BC, too tough hunting ?
    Nothing wrong with crown land. I am exploring different options. But, I appreciate the point about the liability part, didn't think of that.

All you can do is put some miles on your vehicle and knock on some doors and ask...You never know, you may just gain access to land that was thought to be not accessible.

'rifle
    Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person's character, give them power.

Quote Originally Posted by longrifle View Post
    All you can do is put some miles on your vehicle and knock on some doors and ask...You never know, you may just gain access to land that was thought to be not accessible.

'rifle
    thanks for the advice

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Some time ago I was approached by a Rancher loosing Livestock to a Pack of Wolves. He asked me if I would be willing to try putting a dent into that Pack.
    I agreed under the condition that I would be allowed to hunt Moose while I was there. Worked out perfectly for both of us.

If the Landowner (including Mosaic) realizes a benefit from you hunting his Lands, you definitely have a better chance receiving permission. Some City Slickers get that the Crowd on the red an/or Green side of the political spectrum not so much.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Some time ago I was approached by a Rancher loosing Livestock to a Pack of Wolves. He asked me if I would be willing to try putting a dent into that Pack.
    I agreed under the condition that I would be allowed to hunt Moose while I was there. Worked out perfectly for both of us.

If the Landowner (including Mosaic) realizes a benefit from you hunting his Lands, you definitely have a better chance receiving permission. Some City Slickers get that the Crowd on the red an/or Green side of the political spectrum not so much.

Cheers
    Sounds like a great deal. I'm definitely open to those kind of ideas. The best deal is a win-win deal.
    Last edited by srashti; 11-24-2020 at 04:07 PM.

When you ask to hunt on private land,introduce yourself and it is a good idea to provide some information about yourself written on paper.
    Your full name,address,phone number and hunting licence.
    If you are turned down at the door tell them they have your info and they can think about it when they have more time and call you at more conveinent time.
    This has worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    When you ask to hunt on private land,introduce yourself and it is a good idea to provide some information about yourself written on paper.
    Your full name,address,phone number and hunting licence.
    If you are turned down at the door tell them they have your info and they can think about it when they have more time and call you at more conveinent time.
    This has worked for me.
    Great Advice, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Good luck. People that don’t hunt certainly don’t want hunters they don’t know accessing their property for liability reasons.
    While I am clearly a hunter, I would not be interested in having other people I don’t know hunt my land, no matter how big a piece of property it was. That said, I have standing permission to hunt a 700 acre ranch in the west kootenays. I have even gone as far as saying to the land owner “Are you sure you’re ok with me hunting your land? There are liability questions...” and telling him I wouldn’t let strangers hunt my property. He doesn’t care. I make sure I treat both he and his land with the utmost respect, and so far every time I’ve showed up, I’ve been welcomed.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.