Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to hunt private land

Re: Looking to hunt private land

Please tell them about your life experiences that would be of benefit to a rancher or farmer . . . drive a tractor, haul bales or silage, fox bench, wrestle calves at branding, welding, mechanics or carpentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    While I am clearly a hunter, I would not be interested in having other people I don’t know hunt my land, no matter how big a piece of property it was. That said, I have standing permission to hunt a 700 acre ranch in the west kootenays. I have even gone as far as saying to the land owner “Are you sure you’re ok with me hunting your land? There are liability questions...” and telling him I wouldn’t let strangers hunt my property. He doesn’t care. I make sure I treat both he and his land with the utmost respect, and so far every time I’ve showed up, I’ve been welcomed.
    You’re a lucky guy. Although as you said it’s a two way relationship, you have obviously left a great impression on the land owner.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman2 View Post
    Please tell them about your life experiences that would be of benefit to a rancher or farmer . . . drive a tractor, haul bales or silage, fox bench, wrestle calves at branding, welding, mechanics or carpentry.
    That’s also a great idea. I am a farmer myself, with most if those experiences. No deer on my property though.

I hunt a ranch in Reg 3. Have had permission from the owner for some time. It still amazes me and the ranchers son's how many people try and hunt the property without permission.

Being polite and asking properly can go a long way.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I hunt a ranch in Reg 3. Have had permission from the owner for some time. It still amazes me and the ranchers son's how many people try and hunt the property without permission.

Those are the ones that ruin it for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    It still amazes me and the ranchers son's how many people try and hunt the property without permission.

The neighbor to the ranch I’m lucky enough to be allowed on has called the COs on lots of guys on his land. I don’t blame the guy, but he saw me on his neighbors land once and came flying in hot in his pickup and blew out the shot I was just lining up. The two neighbors have a bit of a feud going... I should have called the COs on the clown for interfering in a legal hunt to make a point, but I want no part of the feud.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.