Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clinton Area.....or another suggestion

Clinton Area.....or another suggestion

Good Day all.

Looking to stretch my Legs and explore some new Country. Thinking Clinton area, maybe take a Road off Loon Lk Rd up into the Hills. Camping in an 8x10 Wall Tent.
    Any locals willing to suggest good Campspots and current snow levels?

Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Clinton Area.....or another suggestion

Either try Chasm road which is north of Loon Lake road or Big Bar road, lots of areas to camp!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Thanks Mr, appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Either try Chasm road which is north of Loon Lake road or Big Bar road, lots of areas to camp!
    ...and lots of people currently camped there too...

Was there for a week in Sept- lot's of people on those roads then.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

North of Clinton to the west of the highway ain’t bad either.

No deer in Clinton. Don't go. Go to Rock Creek instead...

I was there last weekend. Camped at Riley Dam for a bit, couldn't find a 4 pt. but did find deer.

Also went over Gang Ranch area and found some good stuff but that's another story.

Finished up working the Chasm - Loon Lake road. Again, didn't find a buck but did find many areas with lots of deer sign and found does. Obviously it's worth getting out of the truck and off the road a bit. With the current snow if you're seeing lots of tracks I can't imagine you won't find deer.

You could do worse than work either side of the highway in that area.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    No deer in Clinton. Don't go. Go to Rock Creek instead...

I was there last weekend. Camped at Riley Dam for a bit, couldn't find a 4 pt. but did find deer.

Also went over Gang Ranch area and found some good stuff but that's another story.

Finished up working the Chasm - Loon Lake road. Again, didn't find a buck but did find many areas with lots of deer sign and found does. Obviously it's worth getting out of the truck and off the road a bit. With the current snow if you're seeing lots of tracks I can't imagine you won't find deer.

You could do worse than work either side of the highway in that area.
    There was a really big black bear hanging out on a hillside just down the road from Riley dam when we were up in mid October, he'd just lay in the sun eating berries, we tried to get lined up on him a few times and he'd just get up and casually walk away over the top of the hill lol

I went from Clinton, bit of a back track to the Empire valley, then over gasparte to Riske creek along the ward on saturday.

Lots of deer on the gang ranch. Lots of camps around the perimeter. Lots of trucks n wall tents at churn. Lost of snow on the west side of the fraser with lots of tracks in it. need chains if it snows much more.

Hope that helps

If you drive up Loon Lake Road at dusk you'll see deer everywhere. Too bad it's a residential area. It's about 35km from the highway to the gravel at the end of Loon Lake. From there it's another 5km through the ranch with the NO HUNTING signs.

Once the snow flies the deer move off the plateau to lower ground like Loon Lake and the Fraser River to the east. That's my advise -- stay below the snow line.