Thread: E caller for predators?

E caller for predators?

Who here uses or has used an E caller for predators? Lots of calls on the market, seems much easier than hand calling which ive done. What have you called in?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: E caller for predators?

I've used Foxpro since they were first legalized for use in 2004. Called in a wolf with it on the second stand.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

bartell sold me a foxpro inferno which has been great!

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Who here uses or has used an E caller for predators? Lots of calls on the market, seems much easier than hand calling which ive done. What have you called in?
    I have been using them since before they became legal in BC. I have used them in Africa, South America, Mongolia, Europe, the US and Canada. Everywhere I have used them they bring in the local corvids, birds of prey, canids and small cats. In different locations they attract the local wild porcine species. In BC you can expect coyotes, foxes, wolves, bobcat, lynx, cougar, bears and on occasion the smaller mesopredators. You might be surprised how many deer show up while you are calling.

I used to meet with some avid callers down in Arizona where we hunted along the border with Mexico. on one of the trips down there a couple of the fellows were set up for calling coyotes when an ostrich came trotting in with its head on a swivel looking for the bunny that was having a bad day. That surprised me because at that general time I was operating in Patagonia and the omnivorous Rheas there did not show much interest my calling.

At that time we were making our own wireless callers using cheap wireless microphones and MP3 players. That system still works for anyone who can settle for the basics, does not want to spend a fortune on a caller or just likes to do things on their own

I used to carry one of the cheaper Johnny Stewart (sp?) systems with a wire fed speaker in my baggage. It usually got left where ever I was with who ever I had conned into taking me out to show them how it worked. I have used a number of the FoxPro callers. The one that over the years has gotten the most use is the little FoxPro Scorpion. It is small enough to live in my jacket pocket and more than loud enough. As a consequence it goes with me a lot more than the bigger callers and gets used whenever I get bored or see some sign that suggests something interesting is in the neighborhood.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."