Thread: 2020 was a Blast!

2020 was a Blast!

We had a blast this year learning how to catch lake trout. We hope to fish for at least one new species to us each year. Here's how our year went. We are excited and looking forward to what 2021 brings.

https://youtu.be/y92IqgaD1UQ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2020 was a Blast!

Catchin them on the Ice is a blast as well. Bridge holds some tank lakers as well as kokanee, caught a 16'' kok last year that has teeth marks all over it, had a run in with a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Catchin them on the Ice is a blast as well. Bridge holds some tank lakers as well as kokanee, caught a 16'' kok last year that has teeth marks all over it, had a run in with a pig.
    I have yet to catch a lake trout thru the ice. I'm hoping my auger is big enough...

My biggest Laker 29lb 6oz was caught through the ice. Took 22 mins to wrestle him up and onto the ice. Made a suction sound as I pulled him through the 8" hole (barely fit). 41 inches long caught on a 36 inch rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    My biggest Laker 29lb 6oz was caught through the ice. Took 22 mins to wrestle him up and onto the ice. Made a suction sound as I pulled him through the 8" hole (barely fit). 41 inches long caught on a 36 inch rod.
    That's crazy. Maybe I need a bigger auger...