Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: last day for reg 3 deer

last day for reg 3 deer

Crappy snow conditions are making things tough, but its not over til its over
    Grunt tube won no friends today

Good luck out there
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

2. Site Sponsor

Re: last day for reg 3 deer

Yeah, it has been hard to find a nice buck.
    The fastest way to ruin a good deer hunt is to kill a buck.
    Best hunting season ever, lol,, gonna get out for the afternoon tomorrow, I don't mind getting skunked, really.

Only saw two legal 4 pointers this November. One dink and another stud that gave my partner the slip. Seen plenty of other smaller bucks and one giant 3x3. I agree the strange weather was having them change their usual patterns.

Hunted Dec 10th last year and saw 8 bucks cruising the same ridge in two groups. None legal but all decent 3x3 and 3x2's.

You never know!! Good luck guys. Unfortunately I need to work today.

Go get em.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

I put a beauty 5x5 Whitetail on the ground a couple days ago. He was still raking trees and in full rut. Came in at first light to the grunt tube and a bleat just how I pictured it in my head. Doesn't happen like that often but I'll take it! I'd post pics if it wasn't such a pain in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Yeah, it has been hard to find a nice buck.
    The fastest way to ruin a good deer hunt is to kill a buck.
    Best hunting season ever, lol,, gonna get out for the afternoon tomorrow, I don't mind getting skunked, really.
    I agree with all this completely!!

No luck for me. Saw lots of bucks this November but all small no shooters

well i know of many bucks that escaped the gauntlet..next year shoud be great if we all kill some fangs and claws.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotMoose View Post
    I put a beauty 5x5 Whitetail on the ground a couple days ago. He was still raking trees and in full rut. Came in at first light to the grunt tube and a bleat just how I pictured it in my head. Doesn't happen like that often but I'll take it! I'd post pics if it wasn't such a pain in the ass
    I was hoping for the same outcome but not this time. The last two years in the same area showed lots of travel and fighting and scraping, this year all sign was aged, from before the wet snow froze hard and crunchy, only thing making tracks seemed to be moose. The lack of any fresh snow in several days didn't help. Interesting times
    Plus side was I never saw one canine track except the road-traveling coyote
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Seemed to be a tough go for many. What’s the consensus on the one mule deer strategy?

Snow killed me - I was on a nice buck in the trees a week ago, but I couldn't step away from the tree I was set up under as then I would have been off the quiet grass into the loud snow. Waited him out, but he didn't give a shooting lane from where I was put.

Because of the early snow, had trouble getting back into my honey hole, although I saw a lot of guys drive by me, I wasn't going to risk it - but there were rumors of people stuck all over the place, makes for a story, but not when I am out by myself.

Wasn't a total loss, my son took a 2x2 on October 31.