Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taiga sleeping bags

Taiga sleeping bags

I have a cloud 9 bag on my radar. Does anyone have experience with taiga bags? They have a better price point than most and good availability. I am looking at the -20 bag for camping off my snowmobile/jetboat/atv. I already have a good -9 bag so looking for a warmer bag with decent packabilty to fit in my backpack.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Taiga sleeping bags

I've had one of their down bags for 25 years . Still going strong. And it's old technology. It was $450.00 then. It has the hood, and is mummy style.
    As far as -20, hummmmm, I know they say this but your truthful, I don't think so. I've always used an outer bag or shell when it's been quite cold, and it's served well.
    That said, I would think they come with waterproof material now, because keeping mind, if your down bag gets wet, it will stay wet and not insulate until it's dry .

Over all, very happy with the product of old.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

I have a Goose down barrel style Taiga bag from the early 90 s and it's has being GREAT - Super quality ! A bit Heavy compared to some of the newer bag's now thou ! If i was going out now into the WILDERNESS i would get a Gor Tex over lay bag from them to keep it and me dry and warm . RJ

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

They actually have a good write up about bag ratings so check it out. I have the Wildcat XL-50 and it is amazing....the XL part is the extra width in top half, made a big difference. It is good to -34 I believe and keeps me warm in anything I can throw at it.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

I have 2 and love them both. I've found the quality to be very good.
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

I have had a Taiga Semi Rectangular , maybe it’s a barrel since 1989 . I’m a side sleeper so a Mummy was out for me .It has a Gortex Outer Shell . The bag has been fantastic ! I love it ! I think I paid over $400.00 for it back then .I have washed it a few times with down wash in the bath tub . Rinse well ! It takes awhile but it’s a good way to wash it .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Imdone View Post
    I've had one of their down bags for 25 years . Still going strong. And it's old technology. It was $450.00 then. It has the hood, and is mummy style.
    As far as -20, hummmmm, I know they say this but your truthful, I don't think so. I've always used an outer bag or shell when it's been quite cold, and it's served well.
    That said, I would think they come with waterproof material now, because keeping mind, if your down bag gets wet, it will stay wet and not insulate until it's dry .

Over all, very happy with the product of old.
    was wondering about this, they have their own type of waterproof fabric, not sure if anyone has any experience with this? Or if it's still recommended to use a gortex shell like RJ said.
    Have never bought down since I spend so much time in Costal regions..

I am a big fan of Tiaga bags. I have had a cold weather one for well over 20 yrs and recently bought a warmer weather bag. The quality is still there.

I am a big fan of the Taiga bags. Not the lightest, by far(!) not the heaviest. Not sexy. Pack down small, but not super small. Incredibly comfortable. I sleep in mine like a baby between -10 and -20. Not a "sexy" bag by any means but I love it.

In my opinion amazing value for the money.

For what it's worth: Incredible customer service! I ordered mine with express shipping (TBH: too lazy to make the drive to Vancouver). The guy phones me up as they had to get the bag from somewhere which would take them 3 days(!) before they can ship it. He just wanted to make sure I didn't need it super urgently as I ordered express and he wanted to make sure I wasn't without a bag when I needed it.

That alone makes me want to support them.

I love mine. I have the 1004 nights and it’s amazing!

i have been meaning to order their duvet as well.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!