Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Heater Buddy heaters (Imdone)

Mr. Heater Buddy heaters (Imdone)

For what ever reason I couldn't answer you post in the thread you posted it in. I'v used a Mr. Heater Buddy heater in a Blind in Sask. to -20 C and it was very helpful in allowing me to stay out there all day. To me one of the most important thing's to be able to stay out there all day is keeping your feet from getting cold, I use a thick, dense rubber foam insulation to rest my feet on to get them off the frozen ground. I also use the insulated boots from Arctic Shield, their like an over shoe boot, you put them on over your hunting boots, I find they really work well. A buddy of mine has one of those Heater Body Suit's and swears by it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy heaters (Imdone)

He posted in one of the "for sale" subs.

I love my Heater Buddy. They say it can be used in an enclosed trailer but I've never tried mine.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

In a larger blind the regular or big buddy heater work great, but I personally think they are overkill in a 1 man size blind, ie doghouse blind....but don't like tropical weather in the blind, still dress warm and but my heavy insulation layer on after hiking in

I'm not a fan of the little buddy heater, a pain to light imo, and is top heavy and tips easily....I have these little heaters below for my 1 man blinds, work great, but can get pricey on fuel if you're not refilling the 1 lb tank or butane canisters on your own

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CV1QL9B/...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...LZMRGOCY&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08LDBMRBF/...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Hi, I have the little buddy and have used it a few times in a tall two man blind and it kept us warm but on our most recent trip it was extremely windy and cold and we felt it more. The little buddy lasts a bout three hours on a 1lb bottle and puts out about 3800 btu. It is light but you do have to place it carefully in case it tips over.... very easy to light.
    I am considering the bigger heater buddy that has two heat levels 4500 btu and 9000 btu. Size is larger and its heavier but the dual heat levels are attractive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    He posted in one of the "for sale" subs.

I love my Heater Buddy. They say it can be used in an enclosed trailer but I've never tried mine.
    I have one that i have used inside our 5th wheel trailer during the day in colder weather... I have also installed two CO detectors nearby it, dont trust is for overnight use but it has also never set off either of the detectors one of which has a digitial readout and i dont recall it even raising the levels inside. I use it in the trailer to try and save some battery life when we dry camp since the furnace can be quite a draw.

Mine is the big buddy can go to 18000 btus and has a fan ( powered by d cells )... I usually only use it on low, its able to easily keep heat inside a 30 foot insulated trailer.

Mike

My little buddy uses a little buddy when he sits all day in the stand at -20. Being somewhat enclosed the little buddy works for him. It wouldn’t work so well in a open ladder stand though.

I run the mr buddy heater in both my alaskan guide tent and my wall tent. I use it only first thing in the morning and before bed to take the chill off. Its great to reach over in the morning turn it on, pour a coffee from my thermos all while staying in bed!. By the time my coffee is done its warm enough to get dressed.

I have the little buddy and the big buddy. I bought two five pound propane bottles to go with the big buddy, you have to use one pounders with the little buddy and like it was said above they last three hours. Those five pound bottles were expensive, but they’ve paid for themselves several times over. I haven’t used the hunting buddy, but I’d try that one before the little buddy.

I also use my big buddy for target shooting in the winter months. Just set it up beside your bench so it’s blasting beside you. You can turn to the side and warm your hands up between shots. Just don’t have the heat blasting in front of your scope or the mirage is unmanageable.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Having both the little and Mr. Buddy medium size and having used both while sitting in a blind, I will always use the Mr. Like BR said, the little is tipsy and I have yet to find a perfectly flat ground to set my blind up in. It is great in those little ice fishing shacks as you can build a stand in the snow for the heater and it flat.

Get the Mr., the carrying bag, the 6' hose and a couple 5 lbs tanks from CT and you will be set. The Hunter buddy has the silent ignition, but have not had any deer deterred by the noise of the ignition switch. (as long as you don't keep turning it on). It will keep you warm in the two/three man blinds and doesn't take up a lot of room. A plus is that you can cook/heat up your lunch. YouTube has lots of videos on DIY cooking with the Mr. Buddy.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

One thing I’d be sure to do is have a carbon monoxide detector present. Nobody needs to go that way.
    There’s no greater adventure than the one your on.