Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. Heater Buddy heaters (Imdone)

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy heaters (Imdone)

Big BUDDY for Ice fishing and blind hunting - Cooked My Sammy's on it too ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutt View Post
    One thing I’d be sure to do is have a carbon monoxide detector present. Nobody needs to go that way.
    I watched some YouTube videos where they monitored the oxygen/gas levels while running them inside and they were all good and I think they market them in the us as being safe to use inside, but I wouldn’t sleep anywhere with one of those running. It’s not worth it. Turn it on at bedtime to warm everything up and back on in the morning before you get out of your sleeping bag.

There was a few guys up here who died in their boat a few years ago from running propane heaters while they were sleeping. I’m not sure on what brand they were using, but three dead guys ina boat.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Mr. Heater has a new heater, called the Flex, even has a little stove to heat up lunch on the top. It's a good looking rig, but a little pricey, at about $225.00.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

[QUOTE=There was a few guys up here who died in their boat a few years ago from running propane heaters while they were sleeping. I’m not sure on what brand they were using, but three dead guys ina boat.[/QUOTE]

A few years ago I contacted Mr Heater to ask about why this is classed as indoor use in 49 states but not Cal or Canada, they told me it is these places guidelines not based on their product. I asked how many claims against them for sickness or deaths , and there was none and could not find any online either. They said homes are not airtight so there is always enough air flow to be safe, but they also said there is no harm in having a CO2 sensor for piece of mind. Boats and RV's all have propane heaters and appliances and not a problem, crack window open slightly if worried
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

I have a Iwom body suit. The best.

Setup a Big Buddy in my camper for cold weather. To make sure things were safe borrowed calibrated air monitor used for confined space entry to confirm safety. Canadian tire Co monitor did not go off at all but Industrial monitor would alarm after short duration. Around 20 minutes if I remember correctly. Window had to be opened a couple of inches continuously to prevent alarm. 1" of opening still created alarm but took longer. Vent over cook stove was open all the time also. Determined was letting in more cold air than air it was warming for long duration. They do work well but use for short time frame and with caution cause Co levels will rise. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    Mr. Heater has a new heater, called the Flex, even has a little stove to heat up lunch on the top. It's a good looking rig, but a little pricey, at about $225.00.
    I'm pretty sure the stove add on is separate for about $120. It uses a hose and I believe that you can't run the heater and stove at the same time.

The mid sized one is on sale for $125 plus free shipping currently.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by ultramafic View Post
    I have one that i have used inside our 5th wheel trailer during the day in colder weather... I have also installed two CO detectors nearby it, dont trust is for overnight use but it has also never set off either of the detectors one of which has a digitial readout and i dont recall it even raising the levels inside. I use it in the trailer to try and save some battery life when we dry camp since the furnace can be quite a draw.

Mine is the big buddy can go to 18000 btus and has a fan ( powered by d cells )... I usually only use it on low, its able to easily keep heat inside a 30 foot insulated trailer.

Mike
    Catalytic heaters don’t produce carbon monoxide(or rather very little) what they do produce is carbon dioxide which can be dangerous if their isn’t sufficient air supply
    for both the heater and more importantly you.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post

I was about to buy this on sale for Boxing Day then I realized it’s another $95 for the cooking attachment... it’s not a two in ones, it’s a money pit �� will stick with the mr buddy for this season again.