Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legislation Proposed to ban importing trophies into Canada

Legislation Proposed to ban importing trophies into Canada

https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Legislation Proposed to ban importing trophies into Canada

I gave Murry Sinclair a chance, I see him now as a fake and a phoney with an agenda. I lost all respect for him previous to this latest stupid idea, he will say whatever he is told to say, his agenda is an indigenous one.

Well, there goes my plan to buy a gorilla. Great for packing in/out and grizzly protection around my tent at night.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I gave Murry Sinclair a chance, I see him now as a fake and a phoney with an agenda. I lost all respect for him previous to this latest stupid idea, he will say whatever he is told to say, his agenda is an indigenous one.
    That’s all this is; further the agenda. I have zero respect for government and activists. PH’s are under fire more than ever now and if imports are banned, hunts aren’t sold, African big game will lose all current protection put in place and poachers will slaughter everything salable. Then the local economy and wild game food supply will cease resulting in starvation for the local people. Why people can’t play the tape out to the end and see the greater harm this causes vs the so-called short term gain. Work with these people, not against them.

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

If this passes, and I do an Wyoming elk hunt, can I not bring it back into Canada?
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

My question as well...antlers from a Coues deer from AZ, horns off a pronghorn from WY, etc? In most cases you have to have them to transport the meat if you are hunting on a buck tag. Would like to see the particulars of the ban so we can respond appropriately.

Don’t you all be getting your knickers in a knot just yet. The proposed hunting trophies ban is in regards to elephants and only elephants. Mostly the rest of the bill has to do with legislating the trade and captivity of whales/dolphins, primates, and elephants. To me it seems like this bill is aimed at zoos, aquariums, and people who own exotic animals. Also keep in mind this is just a bill that has been introduced, it has not gone through any of its readings committees and all the other stuff bills have to go through. Here is a full reading of the bill
    https://parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43.../first-reading

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Don’t you all be getting your knickers in a knot just yet. The proposed hunting trophies ban is in regards to elephants and only elephants. Mostly the rest of the bill has to do with legislating the trade and captivity of whales/dolphins, primates, and elephants. To me it seems like this bill is aimed at zoos, aquariums, and people who own exotic animals. Also keep in mind this is just a bill that has been introduced, it has not gone through any of its readings committees and all the other stuff bills have to go through. Here is a full reading of the bill
    True, but don’t believe for second that this government won’t jam a bill through to further themselves into the next vote.

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post

Nope. This is just the next step of many already planned out. And once they start getting momentum....

It is much easier to stop the forward motion of this anti-hunting agenda now compared to when it gets rolling again.

Just look at other jurisdictions that have already legislated what this bill proposes...
    They will not stop there.

Re-read these paragraphs from the preamble.

"Whereas a ban on trade in elephant ivory and the collection of elephant hunting trophies in Canada will help to conserve elephant populations and encourage bans in other countries;

Whereas Parliament may enact criminal laws and laws to regulate international trade and commerce in relation to animals, and provincial legislatures may enact laws in relation to property and civil rights, including granting legal standing to captive cetaceans, great apes, elephants and certain other non-domesticated animals, thus enabling orders in their best interests by their own right;"

Licenced elephant hunting is not negetively ipacting populations.
    This objective is based on lies.

The desire to give animals "legal standing"....
    This is from those who believe all animals should have equal protection under the law as humans do.
    This is a thin wedge to get the door opened.

Banning elephant hunting and the import of elephant "trophies" by legally licensed hunters will have the exact opposite affect of what these morons propose. When the elephants are not worth something to the locals by providing both monetary benefits from the jobs created and kickbacks from the license and trophy fees, and badly needed protein from the meat, they become nothing but a liability to them. Elephants routinely eat and trample crops, not to mention killing the locals who try to chase them away and protect their crops.

When there are no safari companies in the bush, indiscriminate poaching runs rampant. It is the safari companies that provide large sums of money and manpower to not only support local anti-poaching units, but build schools and other badly needed local infrastructure such as water wells and solar power.

It is so easy for the uninformed to let their emotions be a dead runaway and back the passing of laws that will cause the annihilation of the animals they claim to know so much about, not to mention the sever negative impact to the people who live there and with the animals. People also need to realize that photo safaris cannot fix things EVERYWHERE. As with all forms of tourism there is still a max number to the client base out there and in most instances safari hunting takes place in areas that would not support non-consumptive tourism. Just the way it is.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.