Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pheasant hunting

So how did everyone do on the feathered ring necks this Year..My team Sadie and Yankee
    Last edited by Dutch; 11-19-2020 at 10:19 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pheasant hunting

Beautiful birds and great looking dogs! Let me know where I can find some BC ringnecks and I'll let you know how I make out next year I'm in the interior if you're curious about grouse and chukar!

post deleted
    Last edited by Ron.C; 11-21-2020 at 08:42 AM.

I miss pheasant hunting, great looking shot and dogs there.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Nice looking Dog Ron

Hmmm very nice indeed..
    How would a guy get ahold of 2 capes..one male one female for fly tying ?
    The ones I was given are almost gone. .
    And the ones in the stores are poor quality AND old..dried out..waste of time money.
    What are the rules on donating a couple capes ?

Looks like 2 ...3 more surgeries coming up...that and covid precautions mean plenty of tying time.
    Already was given a guinea fowl from a bird killed by a bear on my buddies ranch..now lots for tying and dying for doc spratleys

Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm very nice indeed..
    And the ones in the stores are poor quality AND old..dried out..waste of time money.

Looks like 2 ...3 more surgeries coming up...that and covid precautions mean plenty of tying time.
    Already was given a guinea fowl from a bird killed by a bear on my buddies ranch..now lots for tying and dying for doc spratleys

Cheers
    Srupp
    Sorry to hear about the surgery but I do know someone in the valley who used to raise them so I sent them an email to see if they are still doing that and if they can spare any. I will hook you up with them if they respond positively.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm very nice indeed..

Cheers
    Srupp
    B.C. Pheasant Company is still advertising in the Synopsis (WWW.bcpheasant.com). A few years a go I looked into get some birds off him for training purpose, I didn't think they were that expensive, compared to Wessex Game preserve just out of Calgary. I seem to remember that they were $25-$35 but don't hold me to that. So sorry to hear about your surgeries, best of luck.

I remember growing up in the Fraser Valley, hunted wild Roosters every year, late teens and into my 20s I would have 2 to 4 doz per season and the season ended Nov15. Now the 30th.
    Nowadays it's hard to even find a wild bird, but some folk are lucky to have those sacred spots. Sad state for sure, and there simply is NO COMPARISON of a farm raised bird flushing compared to the explosion of a wild old 30 to 36 bar rooster.

Great pics and share by the OP
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

X2 on the "WILD" birds, there's no comparison to released birds. This year I'm in wild bird remorse, no trip out to Alberta this year because of Covid. But I'm going to make up for it next year, if everything goes well, let's just hope for a good spring and good brood year in 2021. You're right there's nothing like a big tail dragger coming out of a hothhorn bush patch. It seems to me that the mature roosters don't cackle when their leaving cover, just the young boys do. Man, this year I really missed watching my lab rooting the roosters out of the thick cover. Next year!