Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A sad tale...

Re: A sad tale...

Nice Buck ! Prob a wheat field feed one too ! Oh well Yotes gotta eat too ! RJ

Too bad about the meat, but that's a hell of a buck..I agree with Nog, set up some traps and snares..

That’s a shame for sure.
    My wife had the same thing happen to her one year. She shot a nice whitetail in the last few minutes of shooting light with a blizzard coming on. We found what was left first thing the next morning but of course the coyotes had found it first.

Heck of a buck. It might not have been the ideal outcome, but still warrants a congratulations to both you and your wife, so congrats on a fine Whitetail!

I lost a Buck like that to, I was back first thing in the morning and it was cleaned up by the coyotes. Good news is i killed a coyote on it and another one that was coming back for seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    That's a shame! But it happens - did you find out where the bullet hit? What cartridge/bullet/distance was the shot?
    She was shooting a .243 with a 95 grain bullet. The shot was only around 50 yards. The buck jumped straight up into the air, ran a ways, stopped to look back at us and then disappeared into a deep ravine. Not a drop of blood anywhere and getting darker and darker by the minute.. .

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    She was shooting a .243 with a 95 grain bullet. The shot was only around 50 yards. The buck jumped straight up into the air, ran a ways, stopped to look back at us and then disappeared into a deep ravine. Not a drop of blood anywhere and getting darker and darker by the minute.. .
    Answers part of it, so where was it hit, was it dead do you think before coyotes found it.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Geeze, they almost left you enough for a shoulder mount? All kidding aside, looks like you will just need to find a new cape. Beauty buck! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Answers part of it, so where was it hit, was it dead do you think before coyotes found it.
    i have heard that a deer jumping up straight into the air often signifies a heart shot.
    If that was the case, it was probably dead by the time the coyotes got there.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    i have heard that a deer jumping up straight into the air often signifies a heart shot.
    If that was the case, it was probably dead by the time the coyotes got there.
    Ok thanks how far did it travel from where it was hit?
    Hard to tell from pic but if in one of the openings looked like he headed for the poplar draws.