Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A sad tale...

Re: A sad tale...

Beauty buck!

Amazing what a bunch of coyotes can do overnight...

Nice buck, so how far did he travel after you left the track. Where did she end up hitting the deer, do you think he was all ready dead when the coyotes
    found him.

Unfortunetly this happends had a crack at a double header with a spike and a 3pt mulie this season wanted my buddy to get his buck he moved slightly ahead and adrenalin or wind he couldnt hear me we had them head to head sparing he waited took a quartered away I had mine still and pulled no reaction... we found his just over the hill delt with his deer gt it to the truck and went back my heart sank as the trail of specks of blood lit up we trailed for the next 2 hours like hounds unfortunetly there were several shots rang out well we were processing his deer and not sure if it was us or the 4 more that went off wwell we walked slowly trailing we found exactly four spots where the deer had layed down and bleed atleast a half liter a spot it started to rain trail ran dry and we couldnt recover the animal saddest part ia the trail probably stopped when its blood pressure did but we circled till dark and found nothing theae things happend sometimes its the hardest part of hunting taking responcibility fornwhat happends after the shot .. I know you were probably looking for a harvest but it looks like even destroyed you had a crack at a booner and there was still a rack and a memory for you

On the positive a lot think neck meat is the best....... Lots of the new hipster types like to make broth out of the bones too.

Great Rack, sadly little else. Congrat's to your wife.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

That's a shame! But it happens - did you find out where the bullet hit? What cartridge/bullet/distance was the shot?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Should be saturating the area around that carcass with traps & snares.

Nog
    But it is illegal to catch eagles.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Bet the coyotes enjoyed themselves. Nothing goes to waste. Shite happens. Beauty buck just the same congrats.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Hunt long enough, and it will happen to the best of em.

As stated, nothing goes to waste in the wild,

Dandy of a BC white Tail.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA