Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hunting waders

Re: hunting wadders

Two sports shops here in town have ~4 choices under $150. Shouldn't be to hard to get something usable.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Two sports shops here in town have ~4 choices under $150. Shouldn't be to hard to get something usable.
    Which shops would you be referring to? (I hope it's not in Vernon )
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

On my second pair of seatux waders (second in 10 years). A pair of polyprop underwear or, if it's really cold, the HellyHansen blue fuzzy lj's and you're good to go all day sloshing around in the bog or lake.

Can pick 'em up for a good price from time to time or even used.

ie: http://vancouver.craigslist.org/for/458363607.html

RC

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffcity View Post
    On my second pair of seatux waders (second in 10 years). A pair of polyprop underwear or, if it's really cold, the HellyHansen blue fuzzy lj's and you're good to go all day sloshing around in the bog or lake.

Can pick 'em up for a good price from time to time or even used.

ie: http://vancouver.craigslist.org/for/458363607.html

RC
    Does one wear rubber boots over these or something?

I wouldn't mind picking this pair up, except used ones how does one check if there are any water leaks?

I currently have the 1600 and the 600 dry plus, I find with the water temp. here I use the 1600 most often because I fish in them as well as hunt. Even in the early duck season where I'm sitting for hours I prefer the 1600's, they just seem to be more comfortable, although I'm wearing shorts under them!
    Ian hit's the mark with his suggestions although I must disagree on the Velcro, I loved my Cabela's Ultimate Hunting Wader the only problem is that these waders are standard sizes so depending on your body type and foot size it can be a problem getting the Velcro straps to fit snugly but I loved having the flat straps on my shooting shoulder as opposed to a buckle(IMHO)
    Scottish by birth, British by law,
    Highlander by the grace of God"
    Anon

Well, I picked up the Sea Tux for a good price, they seem to be in very good condition. Can't wait to try them out next week!

I had ordered a pair of Columbia Widgeons from a local dealer but the deal fell through. I have now ordered the 1200's from Cabelas. I will let you know how the perform when they arrive.
    It takes all kinds to make the world go round

Well my wife pulled a fast one on me, I was looking at the cabela's christmas catalog cover and there is a lab pup on the front and I told the wife that I'd be happy with one of those instead of the waders and the float tube. I go to the store for her and while I was gone she called a local breeder to see what was available and told me when I got home that if I wanted a pup I could.

I guess I'll be having cold wet feet and cratch for another year or so until I can afford a new pair of waders..

Was checking this guy out tonight.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

personally as an avid fly fisherman i much prefer breathable waders to neoprene. but, they are typically more expensive.

neoprene waders tend to get holes easily, especially if you are duck hunting around thick brush that can rip stuff. but, you can always fix with aquaseal

i'd go breathables, much more comfortable and light than neoprene

Very cute pup Marc! Have you named him/her yet?

Wish I could get one too, but my bro is allergic to dogs so that's a no-no...