Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hunting waders

hunting waders

I was looking at there for fishing/duck hunting. What's your thoughts? I don't want to pay an arm and a leg but I want a half decent wadder.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...questid=118148
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: hunting wadders

I think ya got a broken link marc
    If you Live Life with no risks, you risk living life at all!

BCWF

i have a pair from cabelas marc not camo ..they are very warm if you are not standing up to your waste in water there almost to hot. but they are real good.

I have 4 or 5 pair of Cabelas waders and have no issues reccomending them. Most recently I picked up a pair of their dry plus breathables and love them! Otherwise the 1600's are my choice. Stay away from velcro on the straps, buckles are the way to go!

One of the big benefits of Cabelas is their service and return policy, second to none! Make sure you check out the bargain barn!

Ian

I was looking at the 1600's as well but I also want to use the same wadders for float tub fishing and back packing them in to some remote lakes in the spring / summer. The weather isn't as cold on the Island as it probably is in some of the marshes on the mainland so I figured the 800's would do as double duty.

I had a pair of Cabelas ultimate waidders about 8 years ago and they leaked at the crotch. The velcro straps also stuck to my whool sweater and after about a year I couldn't use the velcro as all the little hooks had broken off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    I have 4 or 5 pair of Cabelas waders and have no issues reccomending them. Most recently I picked up a pair of their dry plus breathables and love them! Otherwise the 1600's are my choice. Stay away from velcro on the straps, buckles are the way to go!

One of the big benefits of Cabelas is their service and return policy, second to none! Make sure you check out the bargain barn!

Ian

BCWF

We all have these and wear them a lot, seem to have done well for us. Available in tall, short and regular

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ders&noImage=0

Mark,

Totally agree on the 1600's, that's why I bought the breathables, I love them! I don't think they would be my choice if I knew I was in thigh deep water all day, but for general use, and especially for longer walks or work that gets you sweating they are the cat's meow!

I think the breathables (Dry plus) have 1200 grams in the feet, whatever it is they are warm and toasty and comfy!

Very best,

Ian

hunting wadders
    Ohhhhh......."waders".......I was expecting a duck hunting thread as I thought you left the "L" out of "waddlers" and that was your affectionate/pet name for ducks?!?!
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 10-24-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Speaking of waders, can someone recommend me a pair? My budget is about $100. I'm thinking of hitting Joe's or Sportsman's Warehouse down in Burlington next week (don't want to buy something without trying them on first, so online is probably out). Camo or not, doesn't matter, hoping to use it to double for fishing as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)