Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heated socks recommendation

Heated socks recommendation

Hi guys,

My better half got moved to work the cooler at work and I was thinking of some heated socks for her for xmas?

Any good ones out there? I know there are heated insoles, but she wears custom orthotics in her work boots so I dont think that would work.

She HATES the cold and doesnt handle it well so thinking of something to make it better for her

Was hoping some of you -30 hardcore blind/tree stand guys have some suggestions

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Heated socks recommendation

Milwaukee makes those heated jackets and vests I think in 12 and M18 maybe they make a sock that’s heated . Could always drop one of those chemical hand warmers down a boot . Years ago there were those 9 volt heated socks What about better footwear ?
    Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Hi guys,

My better half got moved to work the cooler at work and I was thinking of some heated socks for her for xmas?

Any good ones out there? I know there are heated insoles, but she wears custom orthotics in her work boots so I dont think that would work.

She HATES the cold and doesnt handle it well so thinking of something to make it better for her

Was hoping some of you -30 hardcore blind/tree stand guys have some suggestions
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I’ve got no idea 270 but I’ll be watching for recommendations myself. I have type2 diabetes and my hands and feet freeze now when I’m out hunting at -20 to -30. Last year I actually got real bad frostbite on both hands to the point I thought I may lose my trigger finger on my right hand. I ended up with a full recovery but man my hands get cold real easy now. Better gloves have my hands doing ok but my feet still freeze.

Very good question. We were looking at them yesterday. Cabela's has a pair for $30. Tempted to buy for my wife as well. From the reviews we have found on heated socks or gloves is not to expect them to last much more than a season. Hopefully someone has some helpful info.

buy them from amazon or costco for the easy return/refund policy, cause nothing lasts
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I am not sure what other have had for experiences but I had a 9volt wool sock that I used once and seemed my feet got colder in them. Never tried again.

I've been looking for some too. Seems like they are all junk (unless you want to spend huge $$$). Might try a set of rechargeable heated insoles.....
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

I tried a pair of Thermacell heated insoles (their better model with removable rechargeable battery packs, were about $150-180 IIRC) a few years ago. They were OK for about 3 weeks in my work boots before they died and were returned for refund.
    Pretend hunter.

I worked in the Yukon for two years and my parents bought me heated socks one Christmas. I would not wear them for the fear that they would make my feet sweat and then the batteries would die which is asking for frostbite.

I am by no means an expert but I have worked in temperatures as cold as -52c

my recommendations are good cold weather boots, high quality wool socks, and a synthetic liner sock. When it got really cold I would go to two wool socks and boots.

Mark’s has some really good cold weather boots

Lenz heated socks with lithium batteries are great but they’ll set you back the price of a pair of boots. Good boots, not great boots.