Thread: Fly in drop camp moose hunt 7-51 , 7-52

Fly in drop camp moose hunt 7-51 , 7-52

Looking at flying in with Urs ( liard Air ) into either 7-51 or 7-52 for the fall of 2021.

when I look at the lakes in the area on google earth, I notice camps and on some lakeshores landing strips, so some outfitters are in there.
    which is great as it’s anyone’s land.
    so considering the cost, I’m wondering if anyone has gone to great lengths to pick a lake and strive to be “alone “ only to find yourself among other hunters on the same lake.

Also if you had a choice to be in a boat on a small lake would you canoe or inflatable.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fly in drop camp moose hunt 7-51 , 7-52

It's been posted here several times about flying in and finding out you're not the only ones there.

A friend of mine got dropped off by boat into a "remote" spot only to find out the same guy dropped others off like 2km away!

Even if your pilot is not willing to drop hunters on the same lake there's no guarantee another pilot can't drop, or even some people with their own planes. BC is huge, pick a lake that has several huntable directions and areas so if there are others around its not an issue.

No matter what happens, the hunt is what you make it.

It happened to me and was extremely disappointing when we got to the lake and there was already another group on it. They had the best camping spot too, so we got dropped in a swamp and made camp in a rough location. But in the end it was a great trip and we got a moose so not the dnd of the world.
    A hard canoe would be my preference but the logistics make an inflatable more practical for flying.

A fly in moose hunt is on my bucket list..so is there any way you can be reasonably sure you get dropped off in a remote location? A while ago there was somebody who was renting out a cabin on a remote fly in lake...that sounds pretty good

I've only taken a quick look at it. But have you looked at it on Apple maps satellite view, much clearer in places, I always use both. And I was wondering if the Kechika river was good enough for drifting, in and out spots? As for boats I'd go with a folding canoe.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    A fly in moose hunt is on my bucket list..so is there any way you can be reasonably sure you get dropped off in a remote location? A while ago there was somebody who was renting out a cabin on a remote fly in lake...that sounds pretty good
    there are 3 cabins on 3 individual lakes that Urs flies to
    they are all his cabins. He rents them in the summer for remote fishing, and to hunters in the fall
    the cabins are $350 per night whether or not it’s 1 or 5 people.

Urs also flys into approx 25 other lakes where he just drops you off.

I’m Wanting the isolation and chance at a big bull.

G

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    It's been posted here several times about flying in and finding out you're not the only ones there.

A friend of mine got dropped off by boat into a "remote" spot only to find out the same guy dropped others off like 2km away!

thats so common

Quote Originally Posted by Leveraction View Post
    there are 3 cabins on 3 individual lakes that Urs flies to
    they are all his cabins. He rents them in the summer for remote fishing, and to hunters in the fall
    the cabins are $350 per night whether or not it’s 1 or 5 people.

Urs also flys into approx 25 other lakes where he just drops you off.

I’m Wanting the isolation and chance at a big bull.

G
    Well if that's what your looking for better find another charter company .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

$350 a night. ****ing hell, does that include breakfast and dinner and a bagged lunch every day?