Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuiu rain gear sizing

Kuiu rain gear sizing

Hey everyone, I'm looking on advice for sizing a set of Chugach or Yukon rain gear. I wear an XL rubicon jacket and it fits well. I am 5'11" and 200 lbs, 35 inch waist. According to the website the L pants would be my size but Kuiu recommended an XL in both the jacket and pants. I hunt Vancouver Island normally so I don't need to put too much underneath. Thanks for any advice.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kuiu rain gear sizing

I'm 6'1" 200lbs and I find the XL is perfect for the Yukon jacket. Just enough room for a down jacket underneath but still comfortable without an insulation layer.

I can't recall the pants size but usually I go XL jacket and L pants.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I'm roughly your size...XL Chugach jacket and L Chugach pants for me. L rain pants fit well....I wear 36 x 34 in blue jeans and KUIU Attack pants. I would NOT want XL pants unless they've changed sizing on the Chugach line compared to my previous two pairs...2011 made in Vancouver and 2017 made overseas.
    Last edited by Blockcaver; 11-13-2020 at 09:53 AM.

The yukon is the only gear I have that actually fits a bit large to size. I am 6' 250lbs and wear 40 pants and xxxl coats in all kuiu gear. I bought the xxxl yukon jacket and could fit a xxl jacket quite easy I think. I guess they cut them a bit large so you can wear them over your regular coat/pants.

5’11” 180 lbs
    35” waist x 32” inseam on my Wranglers and Levi’s.
    Size large for everything Kuiu fits perfect.

6'3" 190 lbs
    34" waist
    i wear kuiu L bottoms and top Chugach Rain Gear with some room to spare in the waist.

Thanks for the help everyone, I ordered the Yukon pants in L for something a little tougher than the Chugach and went a little lighter up top with the Chugach jacket in XL. We will see how it all fits.

I think your sizing will be perfect. I have the same combo. Use the Yukon pants for moose hunting and wear my chugach all the time. In fact I wear it so much I bought a second chugach jacket in grey for everyday and sold my arcteryx jacket. Chugach is the best jacket I have ever owned bar none.
    Last edited by RustyBrit; 11-13-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Man you guys are fat

6 feet 195 lbs I hunt northern vancouver island and have xl yukon jacket and pants. The jacket is good in xl but I wish i had gone L in the pants.