Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richmond News: Snow geese shooting sparked large police presence at Richmond mansion

Richmond News: Snow geese shooting sparked large police presence at Richmond mansion

https://www.richmond-news.com/news/u...ion-1.24237523

A man shooting at snow geese from a Richmond mega mansion sparked the arrival of heavily armed police at the residence Wednesday lunchtime.

At least six RCMP SUVs were on the scene of the massive home at 11111 No. 4 Road just south of Steveston Highway after 10 a.m.

Several officers were spotted carrying automatic rifles and a group of around 10 people were standing outside the gates of the property talking to police, before noon.

Richmond RCMP told the Richmond News that it received a report of a male allegedly discharging a firearm from a residence into a field.
    According to the complainant, the male appeared to be shooting at birds.
    “Front-line officers attended and located the residence and associated male,” said the RCMP.
    “While this residence is located within a zone where hunting is permitted, numerous hunting violations were observed.”
    While at the scene, police also seized a number of firearms for alleged firearms violations, including careless storage.
    “Fortunately, no one was injured as a result of this incident. Charges are pending,” added the RCMP.
    “Anyone considering hunting in Richmond are reminded to review all Federal, Provincial and Municipal by-laws, which pertain to hunting within the City of Richmond.”
    As a reporter on the scene tried to take pictures, the group started shouting at him to stop.
    At that time, police appeared to allow the group back into the property, which had at least eight non-police vehicles and children's bikes inside the gates.
    The property made the headlines several times over the last few years, due to its size at a time when a grass roots resident group fought to reduce the scale of such homes on the Agricultural Land Reserve.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Richmond News: Snow geese shooting sparked large police presence at Richmond mans

I hope he didn't get any birds, silly person, no stupid person.

Re: Richmond News: Snow geese shooting sparked large police presence at Richmond mans

This is just nonsense.... shooting shit ducks big deal . If he had a licence giver chit!!! City tards are exhausting!!!
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Mega mansion or a 12 bedroom duck blind? I know what my defense would be in court.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised at the response in an area like the LML or the outcome.

"r
    eport of a male allegedly discharging a firearm from a residence into a field. "
    "appeared to be shooting at birds"

“While this residence is located within a zone where hunting is permitted, numerous hunting violations were observed"
    "police also seized a number of firearms for alleged firearms violations, including careless storage, Charges are pending"

We waterfowl hunt in an area adjacent to houses, and businesses. We share the area with bird watchers, kayakers, walkers, cyclists........Some of whom are most certainly anti gun/anti hunting.

You need to follow the rules to the letter or police do get called. There is no shortage of people that want to see our hunting areas shut down and guns taken away, and they are always watching.

The stupid are going to ruin it for the rest of us.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 11-12-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Well I recall hunting pheasants way back when in Richmond we were in a field open to hunting when we heard a loud hailer call "you guys with the rifles get over here" from a parked RCMP car. I was with 3 older gents who had been hunting longer than I had been alive so we all walked back to the police vehicle and the constable started to go off about firearm safety and the elder of the gents stopped him cold. Pretty much dressed him down with the facts open area not rifles should know his laws ,another bluff from the constable about shooting on sunday ,again dressed down by the elder that he better get his facts straight ,here are our licenses is there anything else we can help you with.The constable looked at our stuff muttered thank you have a nice day and drove off. The elder was a prominent Vancouver lawyer who has long since passed but I'm sure that the constable recognised the name right away. So sometimes mistakes are made on both sides.

Walking along a Surrey road, shotgun on my shoulder and my Lab at heel. Hunting AWP land so all good. I see a cop car turn down the road and think "here we go". Cop pulls up and asks "How's the hunting?"

Prairie woman. Admired my dog and chatted about birds. Didn't want to see squat. I guess I was her 10 minute break of normalcy in the madness of being a cop in urban Canada.

Clowns will ruin it for the rest of us.

BCWF could put out a news release to mention they don’t condone this ! Just a thought ! News agencies that report these stories should get both sides of the story so the general public know that this is not the way we do things ! Just my opinion !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    BCWF could put out a news release to mention they don’t condone this ! Just a thought ! News agencies that report these stories should get both sides of the story so the general public know that this is not the way we do things ! Just my opinion !
    Arctic Lake
    Just because he happens to be shooting at geese in the course of committing firearms and hunting regulation violations doesn't strike me as requiring comment from the BCWF. I think the general public will be astute enough to recognize this guy is simply an idiot who is now in reasonably serious trouble.

Maybe a new Canadian farmer defending his crops. Or not. LOL
    Use Enough Dog !!