Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Forest road allowed for hunting?

Re: Any Forest road allowed for hunting?

Thanks everyone much appreciated. Even though the license for hunting is transferable from Ontario, it's a whole new set of rules to learn. Appreciate all the clarifications.

No posted signs or fences. Go hunting.

PS where you at or what are you close to. Be nice if guys on here would at least give a MU# of where they are. When someone asks about Trout Creek or Summit Lake or River Road. Theres is about a hundred of them in the province at least you know roughly where they're talking about.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    No posted signs or fences. Go hunting.

PS where you at or what are you close to. Be nice if guys on here would at least give a MU# of where they are. When someone asks about Trout Creek or Summit Lake or River Road. Theres is about a hundred of them in the province at least you know roughly where they're talking about.
    Fair enough, im over by 6-9, terrace / smithers area, you around ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrWiggy View Post
    Thanks everyone much appreciated. Even though the license for hunting is transferable from Ontario, it's a whole new set of rules to learn. Appreciate all the clarifications.
    Is that a new thing? When I moved here from NB in 1999 I had to do the CORE (actually I challenged it) before they would give me a hunting license even though I had proof of holding hunting licences in NB for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    Is that a new thing? When I moved here from NB in 1999 I had to do the CORE (actually I challenged it) before they would give me a hunting license even though I had proof of holding hunting licences in NB for several years.
    I believe it may be new, not sure. I applied via the website, provided my test sheet, image of my outdoors card from ontario, and residency. they accepted all by residency initially, and let me get my BC non resident. Come spring ill have that converted to BC Resident.

Didnt do anything special, just provided documentation that I had my course done in Ontario and had a valid hunting license. I believe some provinces hunting courses don't include the CORE it that may be why

I have no problem walking into a CO office and asking a question. Especially if it’s a new area. You can call in as well. You would be surprised at what you can learn!
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Good idea! will do

Quote Originally Posted by mrWiggy View Post
    Fair enough, im over by 6-9, terrace / smithers area, you around ?
    7-15 hugging wood stove till spring
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post

Don't quote me on this but I think you need to provide documentation from your actual course, not just show a hunting license you previously held.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I think you need to provide documentation from your actual course, not just show a hunting license you previously held.
    Yes, reading his answer makes more sense. He originally said that his “license” was transferable. NB did not require a hunting course at the time (probably do now, maybe?) so I did not have a proof of taking a course to show, just a license and a letter from the local DNR.