Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone looking for a buck near cache creek?

Anyone looking for a buck near cache creek?

Found a buck in the bush around cache creek area, shot this morning by the looks of it. If anyone knows someone looking for a hit buck in that area send me a pm with either description of the buck or area it was shot to confirm and I can send coordinates to help with the recovery

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone looking for a buck near cache creek?

Nice post. Don't need all the details but would be nice to hear if your post worked. Good on you.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

If it was 31” wide and a clean typical 4 point it might be mine !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

If it’s a 200+ then give me a call, plus better have strippers and whiskey otherwise you’re wasting my time.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

There was a buck "left", a 3x4, although the 4th point was barely an inch long.
    Sad part was, the hunter shot another buck also, took antlers and only the hinds at best!

6 shots heard by many in the area from all different angles.
    And a few hunters "know" who (well, the truck with trailer and his wife from salmon arm as 1 individual was talking to her when shots
    and call came over radio) did the shooting!

That person can expect a call from CO's very shortly!!!
    And no, was not a case of "mistakenly shooting the wrong deer"!
    As both lay 20 yards apart!
    Most likely shot the 1 buck when realizing a bigger buck, imo.
    If it was an accident, the CO's would have been called by hunter...but nope, no call!

Total waste and a total asshat!
    Hope they get him and charge him thru the ying yang!

And yes, many hunters hunt that area for years and know one another from other groups well, so word got around fast!
    They know the truck and trailer and that wont soon be forgotten come next time, if that guy has the balls to show up again!! (doubt it!)
    Last edited by Bugle M In; 11-17-2020 at 05:56 PM.

[QUOTE=Bugle M In;2210714]There was a buck "left", a 3x4, although the 4th point was barely an inch long.
    Sad part was, the hunter shot another buck also, took antlers and only the hinds at best!

6 shots heard by many in the area from all different angles.
    And a few hunters "know" who (well, the truck with trailer and his wife from salmon arm as 1 individual was talking to her when shots
    and call came over radio) did the shooting!

That person can expect a call from CO's very shortly!!!
    And no, was not a case of "mistakenly shooting the wrong deer"!
    As both lay 20 yards apart!
    Most likely shot the 1 buck when realizing a bigger buck, imo.
    If it was an accident, the CO's would have been called by hunter...but nope, no call!

Total waste and a total asshat!
    Hope they get him and charge him thru the ying yang!

And yes, many hunters hunt that area for years and know one another from other groups well, so word got around fast!
    They know the truck and trailer and that wont soon be forgotten come next time, if that guy has the balls to show up again!! (doubt it!)[/QUOTEit

Totally wrong for sure . But they have to have physical proof to lay a charge. Ie witnesses to the actually crime not just a call over the radio . Or and outright admition to doing it. If they get neither nothing will happen sadly .
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

That’s the buck I had found, had been shot in the neck and looked like it had died in its bed, was hoping it was a case of a lost buck rather than what I had expected which was that it had been left as it was sub legal. Came back a few days later to see the head had been cut off as well.

I have pics of this buck if that would help the CO’s charge the poacher involved, if you have involvement in reporting the case and if they could be of use let me know and I can forward them along.

^^^^
    If it was a "single buck carcass" then it isnt the one i am speaking of.
    If it was found in a bed, then yes, it is very plausible it was a wounded buck and an accident.

The one i speak of had 2 carcasses laying there, so 2 dead bucks.
    And yes, may be hard to prosecute by CO's.
    However, word gets around fast in the woods by those that hunt the area yearly and often and "know the core group of hunters" that hunt the area.
    I can assure you, many hunters in there "now know" who was responsible, even if they dont have a name.

You cant shoot in the valley without others knowing!
    And that day, there were shots in the am, and everyone knew where and who took a buck (legally)
    And the shots in the pm, all 6 in a row, well, everyone heard those too!
    And everyone now knows who was parked there and who had just shot a buck.
    What no one knew til next morning was that 2 bucks were shot by 1 individual.

But, NOW WE KNOW! who will go to any length to shoot a big buck (who knows if it was) and disregard all ethics.

Also, just got a pm of another buck from elsewhere up in CC that was shot and left.
    Also a 3x3 with basically a borderline 4th point.

Folks:

I am all for hunter opportunity and success over trophy buck, BUT come on, smarten up some of you!
    Also, FYI, most of us will never see trophy bucks in areas like CC anymore if all bucks never make it past the age of 3.
    If you want to take a trophy sized buck, you have to practice letting the smaller bucks go and hope they grow up.
    Takes to the age of 6 it seems and if not older for bucks up there to make the books.
    Those days are long gone and seeing illegal bucks taken makes it worse.
    If that is the case for some, they should stick to the any buck season and then stay away come November if they cant "control themselves" imo.
    Lots of folks watch big bucks run away and dont shoot because they never have the time to count properly or let a buck go with a borderline tine.
    Its not the end of the world if you let the buck get away.
    Enjoy the hunt and dont base it on success.

If its as stated throw the book at them.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by wingmaster View Post
    Found a buck in the bush around cache creek area, shot this morning by the looks of it. If anyone knows someone looking for a hit buck in that area send me a pm with either description of the buck or area it was shot to confirm and I can send coordinates to help with the recovery
    Just wondering if it would be a no-no to gut it and leave it?

I have heard CO's ask you to do that on mistakes?