Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funny things that have happened to you while waterfowling

Re: Funny things that have happened to you while waterfowling

OMG that is so funny !!

About 20 years ago my buddy and I were hunting out his punt for snow geese and ducks. There was slight wind and I was basically missing the ducks I was shooting because of wave rocking the punt. Mind you you this was my second time sitting in a punt. Buddy was getting his fair share of ducks but me nada. So I decided to stand in swallow water beside the punt. I was able to do this because the tide was going out. Now I start to get my fair share of ducks. I remember shooting this one pintail drake and it landed squarely onto his chest. I was laughing at my buddy and he said it not funny. Buddy could not move out way because he was sitting in the punt.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

We were Brandt hunting out in the open water. Just getting things set up in the early morning dark. All of the decoys out and strings set exactly as planned. Just need to set the boat in position and wait for light. Going to be a great day! Just so happens we were doing a bit of quiet whisper BS'ing at the time, when my buddy pitched our main anchor overboard without tying off. It was like things just went ultra quiet and stopped with the noise of the anchor hitting water. We just starred at each other knowing exactly what just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by RambleOn View Post
    We were Brandt hunting out in the open water. Just getting things set up in the early morning dark. All of the decoys out and strings set exactly as planned. Just need to set the boat in position and wait for light. Going to be a great day! Just so happens we were doing a bit of quiet whisper BS'ing at the time, when my buddy pitched our main anchor overboard without tying off. It was like things just went ultra quiet and stopped with the noise of the anchor hitting water. We just starred at each other knowing exactly what just happened.
    I laugh with you not at you!
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"