I'm sure you've had some funny stories that you like to share.

Just yesterday I had a new hunter with me who had a day to remember.

First duck he shot yesterday (his second ever), it landed in the flats at Robert's Bank. He marched out there only to see a bald eagle snatch it up. Then that eagle was joined by another. And another. Soon there were eight eagles all chasing the first one around. It's like they all had the "Free Meal" app notification and they all came in from all parts of Ladner. I assured him eagles poaching cripples was part of the experience. I've had that happen a couple times before too.

Again yesterday, we all had an opportunity at a handful of ducks coming in. I missed mine but he shot his and I looked up after doing a quick reload to see it fall nearly into my lap. If I hadn't shifted it would have knocked me out. I picked it up and it was a beautiful mallard drake so it could very well have done some damage if it had bounced off my dome.

Earlier, we were setting up decoys and a dumb ass juvenile snowie flew nearly at head level right through us and we were so surprised none of us had a chance to pick up our guns. Probably for the best since we would have been shooting at each other. The hunter next to us had an absolute gift - his one bird for the day.

That was just my buddy's third time hunting. He's going to think every day is going to be that entertaining.