I've only been hunting coastal waterfowl here in BC for the last three years,,,,,basically since I got my griff. Any other waterfowl hunting was done in Alberta. Have to say, even though I've been out well over a dozen times to try a late afternoon or night flight shoot it hasn't been gang busters by any description.

What I have found is that the birds would come the last minutes of legal shooting time but usually after if they came at all while we were there. We never got skunked and I still enjoyed going out and watching the dog make her retrieves, most of therm blind, but it was nothing like our morning shoots.

That being said, this past Friday afternoon we went out to one of our newly acquired spots and got set up by 3:00. It was nice and warm out and I was feeling a little sleepy so I said to my buddy, "Maybe I should have a quick nap while we wait for sundown." LOL

Well, that didn't happen because birds started showing up fairly regularly about 15 minutes later and gave us enough looks that we had our limits by 4:30. Had to be our best afternoon shoot to date in the last couple of years. Felt strange having everything taken down and packed away while it was still light out. Haha

So how has your success been in the afternoons/evening the last couple of years? Have you found it worth your troubles?