Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp stove

Re: Camp stove

Propane gas is heavier than air.

My ex brother in law and his wife were house sitting for his brother, the other X-BIL. The thermal coupling in the propane furnace was wonky. BIL got up in the middle of the night to relight the furnace. A POOF. you know what hair got burned.

Be careful around propane and gasoline fumes.

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    It doesn't take much to cause a propane leak that will lead to a disaster. A leak in a 1 lb tank ended up causing over $22,000 in damage to my garage a few years ago.
    I hear similar stories and for some boat owners propane is not an option because of the danger. There are alcohol stoves for example the Origo except they have closed up shop. The idea of the lb bottle is that after cooking they live outside in the boat cockpit which is sealed off from the inside. A check with soapy water when connected will let you know if there is a leak. The garage I can see some difficulty in storage especially if airtight and a source of ignition is nearby. I think I will also post in the fishingbc forum ... must be guys who do not want a complex system for simple, short duration meal cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaScene View Post
    I hear similar stories and for some boat owners propane is not an option because of the danger. There are alcohol stoves for example the Origo except they have closed up shop. The idea of the lb bottle is that after cooking they live outside in the boat cockpit which is sealed off from the inside. A check with soapy water when connected will let you know if there is a leak. The garage I can see some difficulty in storage especially if airtight and a source of ignition is nearby. I think I will also post in the fishingbc forum ... must be guys who do not want a complex system for simple, short duration meal cooking.
    I did not see in your video what kind of fuel you would be utilizing for propulsion but if it is diesel what about a diesel fuel stove, it will save you from having to think about two fuel types and they are very efficient heat sources. I am pretty sure they have ones that are especially made for the boating community, might be worth a look although they won't be cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    I did not see in your video what kind of fuel you would be utilizing for propulsion but if it is diesel what about a diesel fuel stove, it will save you from having to think about two fuel types and they are very efficient heat sources. I am pretty sure they have ones that are especially made for the boating community, might be worth a look although they won't be cheap.
    Hi... good observation. I do have a diesel engine. On this coast I heat with abundant shoreline wood... (now heating this boat on a cold 35Kt stormy night). I also have a back up diesel heater if needed. So little is heard about diesel cook stoves. Resolved to check out your suggestion. Thanks.

All the old fishing boats had one.

Hmm have a 2 burner Coleman propane stove in a custom wood box for protection when in back of pickup truck should be worth $60 it IS USED.

CHEERS
    SRUPP

I don't know about China but my camp chef is alot better than my colemans