Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp stove

Camp stove

I am trying to find a good rugged 2 burner propane camp stove that is NOT made in China. I read considerable product reviews but none of them stated where built. After lots of searching on a given product (eg Camp Chef) each stove I looked at was built in China.

.... thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Camp stove

Go on Facebook marketplace, I'v seen quite a few older Coleman propane 2 and 3 burners, used mind you. But some of them are in really good shape. Not built in China.

Your search is kinda hopeless. Years back we bought a Woods brand at Canadian Tire, it's a dead ringer for the Primas (sp) brand stove. Different paint colour. Both are made in, you guessed it, China. My wife used it when she went for a week of rock hounding camp out. I saved my holidays for hunting. I used it once, it was OK.

In a stove you are looking for the old Coleman "Band of Blue" style burners, they have both high output and excellent really low simmer. We use a 1975 made in Canada Colman propane, which I had bought new, for the outside stove with the travel trailer. A Tourist stove that uses propane. And lots of it.

Don’t know where it’s made but I picked up a ‘Base Camp’ 2 burner propane stove, angle iron body, cast iron burners ,about 10’’x 20’’.I coupled it with a 5 lb propane bottle. I have a ‘Camp Chef’ but it’s much bigger and heavier,this one is now our main propane camp cook stove. Way faster than a regular propane campstove.I think MrHeater has them on Amazon

Many Coleman products are built in the USA
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I have an old Coleman Propane 3 burner bought many years ago , it was either made here or the USA . It has been great !
    Lot’s of used campingstoves in good shape for sale as I bet as some folks try camping once and then don’t like it !
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 11-07-2020 at 02:53 PM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Go on CraigsList and enter Coleman in the search field, they range in price but you will be able to find a pristine condition stove for well under $50 if you are willing to look on a regular basis. I picked up a pristine white gas three burner stove for $10, all I had to do was oil the pump leather and install a new gasket in the fuel tank, it works like a new stove, propane are even simpler and as long as they have all the parts they may need an O ring in the tank regulator connection and they will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Got a stack of about 6 of them in my garage...,all older than me( and I’m 73) I have one single burner round chrome one,about 10’’ across ,I think it was designed for the forestry market
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 11-07-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks for the replies ..appreciated. Being a bit more specific, I have retired to my fully insulated, wood stove heated sailboat launched 2006. Just recently after a marine survey, according to the insurance company I need to take out my 2 burner propane cook stove connected to 20 lb tank off stern railing and replace with a pile of new stuff including new stove. All of the stuff they want is far more dangerous in terms of malfunction than my copper tube link up from the galley to the tank. This has been flawless for 14 years. I am looking to replace it all with a portable camp stove and 1lb refillable bottle and to hell with the bureaucracy. For heavy going needs like venison stews, pastas etc I have my wood stove. I have a video up on my YT channel at the 4 to 5 minute mark you can see both stoves clearly as an idea of where I am going with my posting.... Many thanks... great suggestions given.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF08QJIFpsE

It doesn't take much to cause a propane leak that will lead to a disaster. A leak in a 1 lb tank ended up causing over $22,000 in damage to my garage a few years ago.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....