Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Bow 2020 2021?

Best Bow 2020 2021?

I'm thinking about buying a new bow. I haven't been keeping up with the industry trends and offerings for the past four years or so. What are the hot new bows that you have shot or have considered for yourself? Compound, Right Hand, 50-60 pounds. 30 - 32" Axle to Axle...

Go
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best Bow 2020 2021?

Picked up a Prime CT3 this year, loving it. I'm nowhere near a bow expert though.

Those new Matthew's VXRs look sweet to!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Hoyt RX4 easy call for me. I shoot an RX3 Ultra and absolutely love it.

I got the Hoyt Axius Ultra this year and really like it. It's a bit heavier than the RX4 being basically the same bow with different riser material but I picked the aluminum riser for durability. Not because I think the carbon bows are bad but because I will probably do something stupid at some point and damage it haha. I got the ultra because the bit longer ATA of 34" and the almost 7" brace height are supposed to be more forgiving. I also really liked the way it shot compared to a few other bows I tried. The only arrow I lost this year was when I didn't roll the slider sight back from 70 and took a shot at 20 lol. I really felt more accurate with this bow over my last one that was a 31" ATA and 6" brace height.

I might buy an RX4 in a year or two when the used ones are cheaper so I have a backup bow I can set up the same as my current bow.

Just got a VXR 31.5 dead in the hand and super quiet.quite an improvement over the 2010 bow i had.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I got the Hoyt Axius Ultra this year and really like it. It's a bit heavier than the RX4 being basically the same bow with different riser material but I picked the aluminum riser for durability. Not because I think the carbon bows are bad but because I will probably do something stupid at some point and damage it haha. I got the ultra because the bit longer ATA of 34" and the almost 7" brace height are supposed to be more forgiving. I also really liked the way it shot compared to a few other bows I tried. The only arrow I lost this year was when I didn't roll the slider sight back from 70 and took a shot at 20 lol. I really felt more accurate with this bow over my last one that was a 31" ATA and 6" brace height.

I might buy an RX4 in a year or two when the used ones are cheaper so I have a backup bow I can set up the same as my current bow.
    I wouldn't be scared off from the carbon because of durability. They are extremely strong, I've put my poor bow through the ringer this year.

So far I’m really liking my Prime Black 5. 35” ATA holds on target really well, fast (343fps IBO). Was concerned about the 6” brace height being unforgiving but that has been unfounded. I haven’t found a downside to the longer ATA bow.

Quote Originally Posted by WWBC View Post
    So far I’m really liking my Prime Black 5. 35” ATA holds on target really well, fast (343fps IBO). Was concerned about the 6” brace height being unforgiving but that has been unfounded. I haven’t found a downside to the longer ATA bow.

Generally I wouldn't mind a longer bow BUT I spend a lot of time in tree stands and shorther bows really shine up there and the shots are always under 25 meters in my stands.

Thanks for the tips so far folks. What about an APA kind of like the idea of staying Canadian.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I’ve heard the Mathews VXR shoots like a longer ATA bow because the riser is so long.

If was going for a shorter bow then I’d look at the VXR 28.

I have a Mathews traverse and I really like it. Its ata I believe is 33" . It draws very smooth in my opinion and I went from a 63 lb short ata speed bow to a Traverse and I've now worked up to a 75lbs draw. Some of this is shooting more often but its also much easier to draw this bow I find. I think a few of the archery companies will be releasing new bows this month so I would wait to see what comes out.
    Last edited by TobyDexter; 11-13-2020 at 08:59 AM.