Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen bow and gear

Re: Stolen bow and gear

That really sucks. Hopefully something will pop up eventually to catch the dirt bags. I keep my tags in my wallet with my actual drivers license and would never put a copy of it anywhere, not even in my own house. In no way am I trying to bash more on a crappy situation but identity thieves don't need any extra advantages. Unfortunately nowhere is safe these days from POS

To answer :
    yes , same bow stolen a year ago, I got it back through a helpful guy on this site. Fast forward 18 months , I now keep my bow in my locked garage instead in my barn by my shooting range.
    Sadly a family member left my garage door open and I didn’t realize it before I went to bed. My dog chased the guys off before they could completely clean me out, I have a video but it’s to dark and too far away to be useful.
    I have contacted Delorme and put a “contact me” on my delorme when it gets turned on and picks up a sat. I don’t have high expectations, but if it pings I’m gonna put the location out on this site so anyone who wants can come with me to pick up my stuff

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Oh man.

Didn't you have a bow stolen a year or two ago as well or was that another member?
    yup, same bow. When ever guys steal stuff around here it’s Always a chainsaw and my bow.
    I got the bow back through a kind soul on this site last time!

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    yup, same bow. When ever guys steal stuff around here it’s Always a chainsaw and my bow.
    I got the bow back through a kind soul on this site last time!
    you need a gate and a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    you need a gate and a dog.
    Ya, I have a dog. That’s why I still have most of my stuff. I have gates, but someone left them open.

Really sucks when you get ripped off, happened to our business many times, at my home only once, happy they didn't get into the house. No matter how little they steal i always get pissed. Ya you can have gates, dogs, cameras, barbwire, motion lights whatever, sometimes that dosen't help either. Getting the household members to remember to close and lock gates can be a challenge too.
    Sorry for your loss Allan, i hope you get it back again.
    I hate thieves!!!!

Did you get your stuff back? No hits on my wanted ad on FB - Sorry.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Might have found it.

Someone on Facebook (Chilliwack Beware Group) posted up about finding a "cross bow" they believe to be stolen. On a hunch and remembering this post, I sent her a pic of a compound and asked if it might be a compound rather than xbow.

She confirmed it is in fact a compound.

https://m.facebook.com/comment/repli...21&ref=m_notif

I will PM Allan but if anyone has his number please give him a call to notify him of this development. Good chance it is his bow.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 11-29-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Facebook link says content not found

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Facebook link says content not found
    It works for me. I think you need to join the group to see the post. I PM'd Allan the name of the person who found the compound bow. He can message that person directly on FB