Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here We Go ......

Re: Here We Go ......

The article shows a thin veil for the truth. For someone who claims to be knowledgeable about wildlife to suggest stockpiling rams will help a population is ludicrous
    The concept is intended to be misleading, along with the implications that PIB has initiated any rehabilitation projects, its all bs
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

dougan:

"I don’t recognize native law"

You live on the Island. Vancouver Island went 100% NDP and Green. You may not agree with your neighbours, but they overwhelmingly support the guys who brought in Bill 41.

Bill 41 isn't native law. It's BC law. If the PIB can bring Bill 41 to bear on hunting regs it will be BC government law that you're going to have to ignore. That's why I say Bill 41 is important.

338win mag:

I didn't say "embrace". I said "come to grips with reality and manage it so that we get the most desirable outcomes you can". I don't doubt that you can produce old people to tell others to shove something up their asses. Question is: will government adopt the advice of your chosen old people when they make policy? I'm pretty sure the current government will give you a hard no on that, and they're here for the next 4 years.

Skibum:

"What a lazy f'in story." Can't disagree. Weird though, eh? Normally media these days is so thorough, trustworthy and professional.

Boxhitch:

I think you're right. We've seen some of the themes you point out already. We'll see them more often going forward.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

If you want to see the direction this province is headed read the "Together for Wildlife Strategy" that was released by the NDP:

https://engage.gov.bc.ca/app/uploads...e-strategy.pdf

I think it's inline with the summary Rob posted.
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

No point blaming Rob here.
    He really is just pointing out the "tactics" that the FN now have given the entire situation.

Coming from feeling sorry for them many years ago and wanting to see some changes to now seeing that they are being given everything for free and
    still want more and basically knowing they got what they wanted, and are now saying FU and want to go on, is what pisses me off.

And you know what, i aint FN, i have different rules, and i am saying for the record..."FU too!", i am coming in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    **** you guys have it rough, I’m so glad that I haven’t laid down any roots in this province because it’s a god damn joke at best.. it was nice to live here and enjoy the beauty and hunting for a few years but everyday I’m reminded more and more why I’m moving to a province with a backbone that’ll tell these fools to fly a kite.
    If you don’t mind me asking, just what province do you have in mind?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking, just what province do you have in mind?
    Manitoba or Yukon are where most of my transfer applications are pending, Once a position opens up with one of them I’ll be hitting the dusty trail. Though I have more than enjoyed BC and everything it’s offered, I couldn’t have asked for a better place to start, and learn how to hunt than here! But in the grand scheme my livelihood and future is more important than good hunting and pretty mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    So if all the wildlife is no longer "The Queen's Wildlife" (Crown) and is "owned" by the FN's then I guess killing one isn't really "poaching" under Canadian law then?? I think I'll be hunting one way or another for the rest of my days. Too old and sick of all the bullshit to care much either way for myself anymore but worry that my grandson will be screwed out of our family traditions and heritage... that is worth fighting for in court, in the woods, and on the blockades at some point.
    I know, it makes the blood boil.
    Add, from time to time there have been members on here, most likely with FN background thats says "well, now the shoe is on the other foot and you dont like it suddenly"!!!.

Thats okay then....then its time for this guy to start being the poacher, as the FN have been for years under the guise of stewards of the land.
    Meaning, i will put the "their shoe" on my foot!!!
    And start exercising their practices that they have gotten away with for years.

And dont kid yourself, one of the best poachers back in Bavaria (sadly, but true) was a great uncle.
    So...."its in my blood" to be really good at it!!!

Is this the world we want in the future????
    Because this is exactly where it is headed now.
    And there is going to be a few other things that arent going to be so proud about speaking, that will happen too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    dougan:

"I don’t recognize native law"

You live on the Island. Vancouver Island went 100% NDP and Green. You may not agree with your neighbours, but they overwhelmingly support the guys who brought in Bill 41.

Bill 41 isn't native law. It's BC law. If the PIB can bring Bill 41 to bear on hunting regs it will be BC government law that you're going to have to ignore. That's why I say Bill 41 is important.

338win mag:

I didn't say "embrace". I said "come to grips with reality and manage it so that we get the most desirable outcomes you can". I don't doubt that you can produce old people to tell others to shove something up their asses. Question is: will government adopt the advice of your chosen old people when they make policy? I'm pretty sure the current government will give you a hard no on that, and they're here for the next 4 years.

Skibum:

"What a lazy f'in story." Can't disagree. Weird though, eh? Normally media these days is so thorough, trustworthy and professional.

Boxhitch:

I think you're right. We've seen some of the themes you point out already. We'll see them more often going forward.
    give it all to the wagon burners . Everything is open to my white ass at that point. Not going to sweat it.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

I wonder if some of what we are seeing is just folks with similar interests just "fighting for the remaining crumbs"??
    Instead of trying to decide on a "slice of the pie", our current fish and game situation is that there is very little remaining, so all
    that is left is crumbs.

Meaning, if game and salmon were plentiful (hell even like on the east coast with lobster), would any of this be actually happening,
    even with all the recent land claims etc that have happened??

No matter how you assess the situation, this all comes back to one problem.....government.
    The fact that any of our current and past parties in power have done absolutely nothing to help wildlife.
    No money, and ignoring some policies while implementing other ones, none of which has benefitted in producing either fish or
    game.
    And on top of that, have set 0 guidelines, imo, that the FN have to follow.

This whole veil of traditional rights does not jive with todays modern society.
    Gill nets across rivers is no longer traditional and is having a huge impact.
    Limiting resident hunters when we have already been limited up the ying yang, is not going to correct anything.

As I have said, this is causing unrest with the non FN community all over BC, whether it is the Moose and interior folks or whether
    it is all along, up and down the west coast if your passion is salmon fishing.

When will the FN begin to realize that what they are saying/doing will not correct the situation.
    Just further inflame (unless that is of course what they want, but why I am not sure???).
    That some of their practices will/are actually causing further declines, even if on the onset they weren't originally responsible.

IT doesn't matter who started this all.
    What matters is what is going on right now.
    That trying to save the remaining crumbs for themselves is going to bake them a new cake!
    Without Non FN support (as their current actions are making us less tolerant of them), they wont find the situation any better
    then we ourselves have seen for many decades now.

All this is due to lack of government intervention.
    Lack of guidelines for the FN and what they can and can not do or use under the claim of "traditional rights".
    Which is actually a legal problem, imo
    It should be retitled "traditional means" or "Traditioanl ways".
    Then to harvest by any way different then they did "before white man settled here", which after all, is what they base all their
    claims on to begin with!!!!
    So, if you want to base it on that, before the rest of us were here, then also should their practices and tools be!

Government needs to readdress this, for all our sakes, and even the FN sakes because in the end, they can no better manage
    wildlife then we can, given the equipment and times they use right now.
    And I'll be damn to see any of my tax dollars go into wildlife rehab, unless we "all can use it"!!!

And its goin to take a lot of cash to fix our current state of affairs when it comes to fish and game #'s.
    And if we did have game a plenty, I doubt crap like this form the FN band would even come up.
    I don't know why they don't get it.
    But, in the end, they are going to shoot themselves in the foot on this.

All I can say to the non FN, is keeping educating the uneducated as to what the FN are doing, and the damage they are causing
    with many of their practices.
    Things such as using nets 24/7 to target all species of fish, and the fact that basically our steelhead stocks are vitally extinct
    in some areas.
    That the protected Sturgeon are being killed all the time from these nets, and that its not being reported to the general public.
    The lack of Cow Moose up north is a reflection of FN overharvest, non the non FN who have been limited in this regard.

Time to "educate back" the BS they have been spewing.
    Take the time to chat with folks that you hunt.
    You would be surprised how many will listen without drawing an immediate conclusion against you.
    Especially if you take the teem to get to know folks first.
    It takes effort, but "word of mouth" is a very valuable asset we all need to be reminded of and practice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Manitoba or Yukon are where most of my transfer applications are pending, Once a position opens up with one of them I’ll be hitting the dusty trail. Though I have more than enjoyed BC and everything it’s offered, I couldn’t have asked for a better place to start, and learn how to hunt than here! But in the grand scheme my livelihood and future is more important than good hunting and pretty mountains.
    Adios Amigo and good luck in your ventures, enjoyed reading your comments, informative stories and trolls over the years, add to that you had THC in your name lmao.
    God speed
    Links

Hope the "Grass" is greener, but I know it wont be
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm