Thread: Where to go for a dive in the bush?

Where to go for a dive in the bush?

Hey everyone living in nee westminster and am wanting to go for a drive in the bush. Where would I find the roads that lead me to the mountains?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to go for a dive in the bush?

Buy a backroads bc Map book

As Fella said, and hey go for drive, you can see mountians from New West can't you. It's really easy, head north or east, please dont go alone, be prepared, let others know what your plan is, be safe! Enjoy some Beautiful BC today in the sun, last one for a few days, let's hear your story when your back, see what you learned.
    Happy travels!

The closest to you is Sts'ailes Forest Service Road (Harrison West.) If you want pavement underneath you, Highway 1 from Hope to Lytton or, Hope to Princeton on Hwy 3.
    Last edited by Ghilliesuit; 11-02-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghilliesuit View Post
    The closest to you is Sts'ailes Forest Service Road (Harrison West.) If you want pavement underneath you, Highway 1 from Hope to Lytton or, Hope to Princeton on Hwy 3.
    If you go Harrison west, the turnoff from Lougheed hwy is the sasquatch pub. Once you hit gravel, It is 100 miles of gravel until you hit pavement and then come back through Pemberton Whistler or go towards Lillooet.

Thanks for the tips, I should have mentioned I’m new to the Vancouver area not new to the bush. I always take proper precautions. Spent a few nights walking out of the bush in Kelowna when I was younger.

Definitely recommend west Harrison for exploring. tons of deactivated logging roads and off road forest to explore. be careful on the main logging road going in though as it can be a very popular road especially on weekends. Lots of ******s don't know common dirt road etiquette. If your coming around a sharp blind turn stay to the right! . That's my whine for the day lol.