Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ways to cook the ducks and goose

Re: Ways to cook the ducks and goose

I prefer snow geese to most ducks but my favorite duck: green wing teal is at the top of my list.

Yes snow geese are there but they are flying really high and unfortunately public land is not on really one of their destinations. Farm land and the refuge are where they want to be. I only get the random dumb juveniles.

If you are going for them, please be sure about your identification as I heard that some hunters downed a swan last weekend. Huge, white, slow wing beats, small groups or pairs, rarely calling. They are usually swans. Snow geese are smaller than Canadas and have black wing tips and they beat furiously and come in many dozens at a time and call constantly.

I just cubed the breast and leg meat. No carcass bones or it breaks down and makes it impossible to eat.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I am looking forward to trying this: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1958428