Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner?

Re: What is for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner?

I’m trying a new tactic on my trip this coming week. I usually hunt out of my truck camper and have all the conveniences of home, but we are doing a water access hunt and tenting this time. I bought a vacuum sealer and am doing a penne bolognese, chile verde, and curry that we can boil in bag and avoid prep/clean up. Curry will be for the last night in camp to avoid scaring the deer away!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Re: What is for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner?

Heading to Wall tent camp Nov 7th so putting everything together this week
    Breakfast is always the same bit boring , a stiff coffee with quick oats and a hand full of berries of some kind.
    lunch is usually pretty light, in the field a banana , granola bar, mixed nuts and a dry sausage of some kind.
    after dark we eat well, Apres hour chips and salsa or cheese and bread with a beer or 2 or 3 right into dinner

nights are long so don't mind cooking from scratch
    - Baking a pork butt in the Dutch oven with potato's and carrots ( we have a camp troll to keep the coals on it while we're out hunting)
    - last years left over venison steaks cooked over the fire with quality scotch
    - the quick and easy Shepard's pie with instant potato's mixed with venison canned with onions and peppers, with canned peas and lots of cheese.
    - have a 2 large precooked venison stews
    - later in the week when craving greens a Coconut curry with Zu and Broccoli