Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Region 6 GOS moose- how did it go?

Re: Region 6 GOS moose- how did it go?

There was unseasonably warm weather for most of the fall, and then snow and cold just perfectly timed for the 3 day season. This was the defining factor for the GOS this year and it resulted in the moose moving like crazy and perfect conditions for us human predators. Other factors to consider are reduced LEH tags and reduced harvest by the guiding industry.

Quote Originally Posted by whognu View Post
    I understand fully what you’re saying and I wasn’t picking a fight

I guess my point would be that already with several groups saying “region 6 was great we shot lots of bulls and saw many more” that this alone will send a helluva lot more hunters into 6

to identify the region further even is potentially asking for total wipe out

again

chris
    I hear ya. I can say for sure however, that of all the hunters I know that were out in 6-4 and 6-9 during the GOS, most got skunked and many didn't even see a cow. Tendency seems to be that those who were successful are happy to post a response, while those who went home empty handed are less likely to respond.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Was super quiet for us in the terrace area. Got two nice bulls four cows and two calfves on the trail camera. Nothing seen during the 1-7 Sept bow only season( trail camera pics of then were all nite shots) went and check the camera during the now non existent 1-8 October bow only season. They were rutting and mating hard on October 2. During daylight! Was choked would of been right in front of me if the season was open.
    Went out with 3of us during the gos rifle in the same area. Nothing, not even a cow. Walked in on one the second morning on the edge of the meadow right as the sun came up,in thick cover unable to identify.
    It seems all moose were still in thick cover or nucturnal. Was super odd to not see anything during daylight
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

I was able to get it done on the last day. Went into one of my spots which usually produces a lot and was disappointed to start. As I was walking out a mature bull and cow ran right out in front of me and that was the end of my hunt. I know a lot of people who were skunked, very few moose spotted. I hunting during the rut with some friends who had an LEH and saw quite a few moose.

well i think i was a week early, saw lots of signs and couple of cows but no bulls