Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which breed???

Re: Which breed???

I have a standard poodle. She’s a great tracker and really quiet when hunting. She’s been with me on successful elk, deer, caribou, sheep and grizzly hunts. She could have been taught to retrieve fairly easily I think, but only upland game, as unlike most poodles she hates swimming.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I remember back in the days I had Marshall doing training with the retriever club there was a standard poodle and she was wicked with.blind retrieve but she would destroy the birds out of the handlers reach. Unfortunately during a trial you can’t go grab it you have to get the dog to deliver it to hand. I felt so bad for her as the dog was great right up to the trial.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    I guess if you live in a border town you could always drive across to pick your pup up,,,,that's if you're brave enough and then follow the Canadian two week self isolation protocol that we have in place on your return. If it was along drive I'd probably stay in my vehicle to sleep just to be safer unless you had two drivers. lol
    you would have to be an essential worker to drive across the border or have dual status with family on the other side to drive across I would imagine. You would almost need someone who was flying into Canada to take a pup on their lap at this point.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    you would have to be an essential worker to drive across the border or have dual status with family on the other side to drive across I would imagine. You would almost need someone who was flying into Canada to take a pup on their lap at this point.
    You can have puppies shipped by air. Our Maltese was bought out of Oklahoma online. Flown to Chicago and onto another plane to Vancouver. The breeder sends all of the info and waybills with the puppy. Once it lands it is taken to cargo. You go there, They give you the paperwork and then you take the paperwork to customs. Pay any fees due and go back and pick up the puppy. We have done that on two occasions. Never had to pay any fees though.

The first three letters in poodle spell “poo”. There. I said it. Hate me now...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.