Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you say if I had asked...

Re: What would you say if I had asked...

I would take the more reliable of the Tacoma or 350. Then I would realize I wouldn't take either as I'll never go on that road again!

My in-laws used to live in Seton Portage so I have driven the Highline lots. It wouldn't be the first pick for me with a trailer but it sounds like you made it. Beautiful country.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

I lived in Whistler for 25 years and had friends at the Portage, in Darcy, in-laws in Braelorne etc etc. If you asked me about taking the trip you took with the truck and trailer I would have said “you would be insane to do it”. I drove an off-road crane truck in the ski industry for years, and have travel LOT of scary roads, and I would have no trouble doing the Highline again regularly, but I would want my vehicle to be in perfect condition, and I would not tow a trailer on it if I could avoid it...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I wouldn’t take the high line with a trailer if I could avoid it. They recently completed some upgrades to the road but I haven’t been on it yet.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I ended up on it last year, after Google suggested it. I was thinking of messaging them and telling them to stop suggesting it as a route. Its definitely 4x4/awd only. In theory google is suggesting any old car can drive that road. This is definitely not the case!

Some of those roads are absolute torture on heavy trucks with heavy loads such as campers and trailers etc.
    I have learned to avoid them with possible as yes, there are some "hairy roads".
    Not worried about having accident but not a big fan of wear and tear impact all to save some fuel or kms.