Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Alberta Elk Hunt Overload" Thanks Dad

Re: "Alberta Elk Hunt Overload" Thanks Dad

Thanks Dale. Yes Message boards aren't as active as they once were. With Social media and Facebook and Instagram theres less action here . Those ways of sharing are Easier and fast to send an Instant photo..
    Whether there are those that are spiritual or not , This trip was one like i never experienced. The couple " Shiny Coins" i found were also a sign for for me. Believer or not .
    I reflected not so much on the Loss but being thankful for the memories of my Father and the times we shared together. We never stop learning as we get more Birthdays under our belt.

Great read and pictures Phil!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Mike. I took my Dads brother out yesterday and Got him a Grain fed Moose. Tomorrow were looking for an Elk for my son. He wasn't with us yesterday due to his crazy seasonal work schedule , But hope we can find another for him Tomorrow or by the end of this Month....Will post pics if we get one..

Cheers.
    Last edited by Springer; 11-04-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Just leave the cowboy boots off the list of footwear for hunting and fishing..lol
    Great adventure buddy..thanks for bringing us along..
    Cheers
    Steven

Thanks Steve. Actually the only thing i asked for were that particular pair of Cowboy boots...
    A couple more add ons to the Alberta Adventures. My friend Deb Mcdougall got a Nice Bull Moose with a little help from a Friend , You met her and her husband briefly years ago i think.
    Also Linkins Birthday party was the Alberta Youth pheasant Hunt..

Well done Phil...nice bull..and lots of fly tying material..happy birthday L.
    Cheers
    Steven Susan Ebony

I did a couple Capes for my Granddaughters and the others will get used on the Bumpers for training with Stash the "Wonder Springer".

Well the Hunting Adventures continued.....Yes its over and maybe even a guy can enjoy some sleep-ins now.
    We never connected on Aarons Elk locally but had fun trying.....Whenevr we could find a small herd and get them cornered it was on land that did not allow Hunting. They get a lot of pressure so i understand why.

Anyway Blaze and i planned a 6 day trip of Hunt'n and Kill'n. We planned on doing 2 days on the Eastern edge of Alberta / Sask border . Steve R you may recognize the background. By the end of day 1 we killed a couple small Bucks then headed through the night to the Hog Ranch...

We headed to a friends Hog Ranch that is a half section of property with lots of cover and places for them to hide. There was a couple Bull Elk in here apparently as well but we never did see them , only their tracks. They also have a few deer inside the high fence. We took our archery tackle with us on this hunt to make it more challenging .
    A couple things we learned is , Holy smokes are Hogs destructive to the area they live in , We both did complete pass throughs on our Hogs and that never killed them right away so they were fed another broached each. The Ranch at Twin creeks has 3 cabins included that are provided for your stay as well. They also had a walk in cooler to hang our Piggies. We will return with small group again to do this.
    I wanted a Hog to mix with my Wild game so it was half the reason we went.

We got our Hogs shot and skinned then permission to stay at the Ranch with a Cabin while we looked for Whitetails in an area my brother lives. Its on the fringe of farm and forest land . Blaze was looking for a wall hanger , i was looking to fill a tag , but not with a complete dink. He passed up the one i shot and ended up going home empty handed . Lots of smaller Bucks on this trip were given a pass. The snow was knee deep so the stalk and retrieval with the calf sled was a pile of work but very rewarding...