We knew there were more Elk to be found , this was a big area. All we had to do was get into the river valley behind the Road Hunters camps , after all we wouldn't have to compete with them.
It wasn't Until Noon when Sepp's Bull answered Geoffs Bugles. Of Course it had to be on the very top of the river banks when Bull came to the challenge. All that long range practice was not necessary on this guy as he decided to come charging into the challenge at a mere 30 yds. Sepp pulled the trigger and when the Lead met flesh and passed through the other side he was dead on his feet . The Bull gave his life up easily but he wasn't going to make it easy for us . He went for cover at the Bottom of the river bank. Unfortunately he broke his Left main beam on the fall. No Way !! Another Bull down and lots of time to get him back to camp. Phil .....Ya I know go get the truck.LOL. I marked the location and headed for camp . Of course load the cooler with Cold drinks and food as this was going to be a Steep climb up the river bank with heavy packs. They searched for the broken piece but in that rats nest it was like a needle in a haystack.

I managed to get the truck about 300 yds from the meat drop .I grabbed my empty pack and headed to the pinpoint. I just got it loaded up when i heard voices and here comes the Athletes again...Grinning all the way.

We soaked in the moment had a Cold Beer , told lies then hopped into the truck on those Comfy seats. You all know that feeling after a hard day of hunting.
The Deboned meat was stuffed into the remaining Cooler space and packed on ice and the lids squeezed shut...
There was still enough daylight and they offered to make supper that evening so i buggered off for a little alone time and maybe connect on a Bear or one of this Whitetail Bucks that were ritually coming out.
Sepp dropped me off at the end of the road and wished me luck. I walked to the same spot Geoff called the 3 Bulls the first night then down the fence line . I set my Montana Cow decoy up in a low spot but visible to anything coming out except other hunters...It seemed to be getting dark very early when i realized i was still wearing my prescription sunglasses dang it.... Like Clockwork the Bucks started to emerge but without proper vision i couldn't decide if the biggest was worthy of trying to shoot. I also didn't want to make a bad shot so i watched them through my binos. as best i could and enjoyed the moment. A couple Cow Elk came for a visit but when they got close enough to wind me they of course turned around and headed back from where they came. Between elk calls and the decoy which is like a magnet to them.
I walked back in the dark fulfilled with my evening sit to a great meal and great company ..Tomorrow was Elk Hunting day again...this time for Pop's.

Oh remember at the beginning of this thread i spoke about a shed that Sepp found. Well its possible it may have mysteriously attached itself to the broken beam .....Sepp does not know about this bizarre thing happening but when he comes back in November i bet he finds out ....