Thread: Bear hunting late Oct/Nov

Bear hunting late Oct/Nov

Hey guys,

I been told numerous times bears are more predictable in the spring, hunt bears by finding the berries in the fall.. so a question for the guys who hunt bears in the late fall, if they are out there...After the berries are gone, what food sources are you targeting? Or how are you hunting bears this time of year?

heading out for a couple of days each week for the remainder of the season looking for a bear. thanks for any tips that you guys might have to offer.

happy hunting!

Danny

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear hunting late Oct/Nov

Saw a dandy last weekend outside of Cash Creek. He was feeding his way up a grassy snow covered slope. Took a nap by a tree and then continued on. Nice thick jet black coat.

I have never seen a bear going into November but I'm not actively hunting them in the fall.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Rose hips are a late season staple, as well as clover or good grass. I think they are more dispersed at this time of year but hunt them where you would in late summer, they will be patrolling through known food sources hoping to find little missed bits of food. I got one feeding on the very last dried up saskatoon berries a couple of days ago, nice fatty meat. I cut out a section of its back so it was backstraps and tenderloin on the roast as well as some rib ends with a nice fat cap, i braised it in stock and red wine for 3 hours. Quite nice!

^^^^the food sources mentioned above, as well as Mountain Ash berries....I don't however see many beyond this time of year personally...

All I can say you get a bear in the fall if its not near your vehicle is may be a long drag out. Them bears are full of fat ready for hibernation.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Set up a dear feeder in your front yard