Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nikon blows!!

Re: Nikon blows!!

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    I might be slow but how do you wear out eyecups on a binocular ...Is the rubber cracking ?..Do you leave them out in the sun ?...Just never heard of this problem before ...Dennis

Not slow LOL Because the eye cups screw up and down for folks that wear glasses over time the metal slots under the rubber wear out and the screw heads don't track right. One of mine is missing all together? No clue how that happened or even if it was missing from the get go? All good now. Bino's fixed for now and message shared!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    I might be slow but how do you wear out eyecups on a binocular ...Is the rubber cracking ?..Do you leave them out in the sun ?...Just never heard of this problem before ...Dennis
    Ive seen eyecups go on several types of binos go off, Meopta, Zeiss, Leica, mostly dirt/dust gets in the slots of the twist up eyecups and forces pressure cracks in the system, some of the old style rubber would dry out and crack on the eyecups.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I had monarch 3's that had an issue and they sent monarch 5's via free replacement no questions asked. That was 2 season's ago now.