Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon blows!!

Re: Nikon blows!!

Years ago I had eye cup issues on my Nikon binos, same story. They wouldn't fix them

I bought Vortex and never looked back
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Years ago I had eye cup issues on my Nikon binos, same story. They wouldn't fix them

Sssshhh!!!!! Don't say the "V" word. Don't you know that game can't be taken with anything less that a Swaro. Decent optics with the best warranty in the buisness is just a gimmick.

The "buy once cry once" crew will be all over ya
    Last edited by Ron.C; 10-27-2020 at 08:54 AM.

I think it'd be a good idea to avoid Nikon. I had an issue with a spotting scope base. They also 'did not have the parts' and offered a high price for an replacement spotter. Nikon definitely doesn't care about their bino's and spotters. Definitely a camera company that dabbles in the birding/hunting area. Its for this reason that their glass is so nice.

Just know that their customer service is shit.

Looks like they've changed their warranty from 25 years no questions to "limited lifetime on optical parts and 7 years on non optical components"

That sounds a bit ridiculous. It's no wonder Vortex is killing most of them with their warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Sssshhh!!!!! Don't say the "V" word. Don't you know that game can't be taken with anything less that a Swaro. Decent optics with the best warranty in the buisness is just a gimmick.

The "buy once cry once" crew will be all over ya
    well 9 years of Vortex use and no issues here! That reminds me, I have to box up my father in law's Swarovski EL for repair haha
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

well 9 years of Vortex use and no issues here! That reminds me, I have to box up my father in law's Swarovski EL for repair haha
    Guess it's more like buy once cry twice afterall.

I MAY have mentioned in my PISS off reply that I'd be sharing their less than excellent service with the hunting community! If I can just save one customer for the same fate LOL
    Ironically I used a tiny dab of Gorilla glue to keep the eye cups in the up position and am back in the game. If they'd have sent me the new parts I'd have changed them myself and not looked back. Their loss!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

That sucks... I had the same issue with skme old Pentax binos.. ended up using a pair of universal eye cups from Ebay or amazon.. forget which one but they work ok..

I might be slow but how do you wear out eyecups on a binocular ...Is the rubber cracking ?..Do you leave them out in the sun ?...Just never heard of this problem before ...Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    I might be slow but how do you wear out eyecups on a binocular ...Is the rubber cracking ?..Do you leave them out in the sun ?...Just never heard of this problem before ...Dennis
    On my Pentax they were silicone flip up and the silicone had a crack in where it flipped up and down... On my Leupold spotter it just ended up developing a slit in the silicone and the spotter is rarely used.. not sure why, maybe too thin?